Suspension/steering problem?

Last week I fitted lowering springs on my car, and it was driving fine until the other day when I noticed that whenever I went over a bump there was a knocking noise, like a metal on metal clunk.
I looked at the springs and on one side the plastic covering the bottom coil has come off and was wondering, could it just be this causing the noise or something worse?
Also now when i'm driving the steering wheel points to the left if i'm driving straight, and if i straighten up the car pulls to the right. Could this be related to the suspension problem or does it just need removing/refitting?

Who fitted the springs? You or mechanic

What springs are they mate?

Are you sure everything went back as it should?

If it's pulling to the side it's probably down to tracking and wheel alignment needed after lowering.

The banging could be a few things but my bets on the top mount plastic bearing is missing or in wrong place causing the spring to bind( I forget on my dads almera after swapping a broken spring and made this noise for about a week until I realised when stripping it back off. I had put it in complete wrong place,Good luck mate

It was me and my dad that fitted them, but he's a mechanic and has fitted the same springs on his micra. They're P.I 35mm springs.

Yeah, we made sure everything went back on as it came off the old ones, but after a short drive I looked at them again and noticed the plastic cover bit on the bottom coil was starting to come off, so I was thinking it could be this and it's the sound of the spring hitting the shock mounting cup.

Edit: I had my tracking done the other day hoping that this would solve it, but it's still the same. If anything my steering wheel feels looser/points more to the left. I don't know what else it could be.
Wheels have been aligned. Tire tread is fine. Pressures are fine.
Something in the front suspension is still making knocking noises though, only when i go over biggish bumps. Anyone have an idea of what this could be?

Back