Suspension "KIT"

I was wondering if anyone knows of a suspension kit(s) that will fit the K10.

When I say 'Kit', I mean shocks and springs that have been designed by the same manufacturer and supplied specifically to work together as a matched set.

I've searched the threads for this but all I can find is suggestions for fully customised suspension setups. eg spax springs with Monroe shocks and super flux capacitor bump stops.

I can find plenty kits on the web but none for a K10

Anyone got any hidden suppliers up their sleeves?

Cheers

Demon only do the springs alone, they may sell seperate shocks not a set together. I dont know of a company which supplies them together, but ive got spax springs and boge shocks and they seem to work perfect together!

Hi i hav a question about springs to, wich other cars springs would fit the K10.
The problem is that my K10 springs ar bit wary and i think that in Estonia thei dont sell lowering kits only originals.
so have anyone tryed other cars springs l`d like to know.

Arnold said:
Demon only do the springs alone, they may sell seperate shocks not a set together. I dont know of a company which supplies them together, but ive got spax springs and boge shocks and they seem to work perfect together!

Agreed. :)

I've also heard Corsa B suspension / coilovers, will fit the K10 with a little work.

Although they come together, they really could be no better than doing a mix and match combination of springs and shocks.

did your springs and shocks mate perfectly or did you need to modify the seat for the springs?

I found the spax springs on demon but a cant find the boge dampers do you have a link?

Cheers All

Actually now you say that, mine do slip around a bit, but i think thats because ive got a couple of rubber bits missing on the shock absorber! Size wise tho they're perfect, not too big or small, and they've made a huge improvement

Dont have a link to boge im afraid

....but the green Weitec onnes will match my green tartan seats...lol

another quick quesie...

If i want to fit an anit roll bar do i need to get shocks with aditionnal fixing points for fitting the anti roll bar?

Bar Stewards!

The weitec link was a dud after all that..these are no longer made & / or stocked....turns out the wab page was miles out of date!!!

AAAAGH!

So whats the next bes t thing?

Alan and others have recommended BOGE dampers buti can't find them anywhere.

Can anyone reccommend any cracking uprated/high quallity replacement dampers (not stock alternatives)..

Hi Mate,

Try searching for Sachs too- as the replacement ones I have are Sachs/Boge shockers.

Good luck :grinning:

bummer- cant help mate :down:

got mine from a NOS sale off fleabay- yer never know, maybe more will turn up

just found part numbers for you.

front- SACHS BOGE Part No 170432

rear- SACHS BOGE Part No 110243

HTH :k10:

OK,

Bought the SACHS (BOGE) dampers (cheers!) ...the rears were cheap as chips £9 each and the fronts were'nt too bad either £24 each (all before VAT) the rears' damping is just what I expected, but the fronts are some serious-big-boys from what I can tell V.thick 'push rods' (is that what you call the shiny bit that goes in and out....lol) & a HUGE damping force compared with the rears...(all not fitted yet)

I will be trying the weitec springs with these dampers for the following reasons:

1. Specification (technology) is very good IMO
2. Made in Germany (German engineers rule!)
3. Progressively wound (low-speed comfort)
4. Nobody on here has used these yet as far as I can see, so you lot can get some feedback on these from me
5. 35mm half-way-house lowering.
6. Bright-Green to match the tartan...LOL(Z)

If ever we meet-up; the "sachs(boge)-spax" combo guys can try my ride (and vice versa?) to guage any differences...

I'll let you know how I get on...

springs have arrived!

after all of the searching it turned out that halfords are my local outlet for weitec spring kit. £92

had some bother with corrosion while (trying) to remove the originals so the rears are still stuck on the car (for now) also the top assembly parts of the front originals are shot, so im planning on buying new bits to make up the front mcpherson assembly before fittting these too..

...but here are the new ones waiting on standby (sachs <boge> dampers and weitec sport-F 35/35 spring set) that will be going on when the originals come free and i have the bits for the front top assemblies!

in the meantime I will be commuting on one of my 2-wheeled flying-machines (wheeeeee!)

Attachments

• 100_2738.jpg
    100_2738.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 479
I have the weitec springs in the st but they seem very bouncey and soft also I think the shocks are on the way out,is the damping rate on the sachs shocks suitable for the springs?If so where could I get them over the internet

Do you have the GT springs or the Sport-F? (front & rear)

I'm still waiting for a handfull of new bits from nissan before i can fit these (due in this thursday) so I can't tell you what the ride is like yet. I certainly didnt go as far as chosing rates from a spec sheet, since the availabillity of various K10 dampers is somewhat limmited.

The dampers are drop in OEM replacements for the K10 but i was surprised how heavily damped the fronts were (v stiff to compress the damper by hand & only slightly easier to extend them)...the rear dampers are as weak as a grannies fart IMO but im hoping that they will be better (more comfee) than my existing cheepo gas rear ones (i have oil front & gas rear at the mo).

I ended up at my local outlet for sachs boge dampers which was "euro carparts" which is next door to where i work!! SO i didnt bother with online ordering for the dampers . I guess u can order online & mail delivery with "euro carparts" since thay have a 'basket' on the front page... http://www.eurocarparts.com/

One thing is for sure, my existing OEM suspension is worn out and roll is a nightmare. surely the weitecs will be less 'bouncy' than my rusty old OEM setup.

Oh, & BTW, the sachs boge ones that I'm waiting to fit are all oil

hope this is of some use...

you will need new bump stops aswell mate as your oem foam bump stops will be falling apart,

either get the powerflex unversal ones BS009K with the dust cover on them

or email [email protected] for some ones from japan which have a longer bump stop made out of polyurethane and 100% better dust cover, for the figaros but figaro and micra k10 suspension is the same, i have them on mine and speedle put them on his super s ages ago, they cost £45 inc delivery

heres a picture of the front bump stops:
http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledfy5.png

heres a comparasion i found on the figaro forums for the front bumpstops

http://images.faces.com/so/w314/h235/1372834.jpg

Hi mate, glad to be of some help :grinning:

Look good those springs- I'm after a set of lowering ones to go with my sachs dampers, and i'm failing fast to find a set of second hand ones :doh:

Good advice above BTW- I have the polyflex ones on my other car, good insurance policy (they will make sure your new dampers last well) and i think they aint that bad price wise :grinning:

Back