Suspension idea

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I've had an idea, I want to make my rear suspension REALLY soft, and my front stiff (no jokes lol).

This way under hard acceleration the back end will drop down and it'll look like a high torque, RWD car.... maybe

Can anyone find any problems with this idea? (what I should have said is tell me the problems with this idea)

err, well like having your suspension seriously un-balanced for one, try entering corners with a soft rear suspension, the suspension will be tight up front and unstable at the rear.

How do you suggest making your rear supsension soft, other then just using oem parts and then uprating the front. If you lowered the front using aftermarket shocks and springs, what are you going to do at the rear?

Kev

They are fine so long as he doesnt actually try and do them!!

I,me backing ollie, the beauty of a forum like this is that somebody spark,s off a debate then we voice our opinions/biases or knowlege, and at the end of the thread, hopefully we are all older and wiser !.
plus it,s a very usefull reference for all to see

Admin edit out

A bit strong dont you think ? olly is still learning here, his thoughts are no less valid than anyone elses here, how can you work out what's right or wrong if you dont ask questions, even if it sounds daft to you it might not to him, he is only a nipper.

djlee_dj - While you point out that the idea isn't the greatest, there is no need for such put downs. People are still learning and I'm sure we've all had a silly idea or two. Still there is no need for such a message on this forum.

Think before you type please.

It's probably good I didn't read what he said, lol.
This was just an idea to make my car look better than it is. Better than my dump valve idea....

I guess I could just carry a load of fatties in the back all the time.

(The above statement is not a view of the MSC or it's associates, it is simply a view of a crazy lad with stupid ideas. The MSC has nothing against fat people)

didnt mean to come across so strong

basically it was , think before you speak lad, who will confuse a micra with a high powered RWD monster ?

:)

The whole idea was to make it appear that way, to make it look like a sleeper but without the expense of making a sleeper. A double bluff type thing, lol.

loose the dampers out of the back ;D did this at college with a cavailer. VERY funny going over speedbumps :p

loose the dampers out of the back ;D did this at college with a cavailer. VERY funny going over speedbumps :p

lol! meh just take out all the dampers and go for the pimp my ride hydrolic suspension look, just hit a speed bump and you'll be bouncing all the way home. :upside:

I've found a way of doing it, handbrake as you pull away and drop it as you drop the clutch and the car will rock backwards.

Back