suspension choice?

alchemyst

Ex. Club Member
right then i am going to be buying an uprated suspension kit within the next two weeks, i have narrowed it down to two sets either these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....6194&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching
or these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=280102052813&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018
has anybody fitted either of these kits and are they any good?
the standard set look good and would do everything i want at the moment ie dropping the height 35mm and uprating the shocks (espeially as i have cheap oil shocks on at the moment)
but the coilovers obviously look cooler and have more koudos and importantly would give me the opportunity to uprate the front springs if needed when ive dropped the sr20de in in the summer! :devil:

so what do you guys think i dont really plan on dropping the car more than 35mm cause of all the speed bumps near where i live.
plus if youve got any other sugestions feel free to say (ive dicounted the koni's because i dont have standard oe shocks and the fronts are inserts into the standard strut)
cheers martyn(Y)

to be honest, it totally depends how you feel about them...ive no experience with either of those youve listed so cant comment on them unfortuantly.

I will say you can go lower than 35mm and still get over speedbumps (im probably about 70mm drop or so on 13's and i think im reaching/passed the limit but mainly because ive also got a front splitter on), however if you know for a fact that 35mm will suit you then you'll save some money...

i originally thought a 35mm drop would do me, but after fitting coilovers on the extra drop is worth the extra expense.

Hope that hasnt made it harder for you to decide :) me personally id get some coilovers, if only to let you play with the fronts once youve got the extra weight of the sr20 in. :)

If i were gonna get a whole set i would get adjustables cos i would want to drop it more than 35mm, personally i dont see how the first kit would be so much better than just changing the springs as the original dampers i think go nicely with better springs. (much less roll but nice and soft :))

The other thing i noticed with my lower springs is the back end still looks too high! I rekon the back could drop by an extra 20mm just to look balanced lol.

Have a look at our website www.humphrisoxford.co.uk under the motorsport section. We have in stock Bilstein gas dampers and lowering springs either 35mm or 50mm The springs and dampers cost £295.00 delivered. We also have Spax adjustable suspension kits which can be purchased in sections to spread the cost, i.e. fronts only or rears only. Everything is in stock for next day delivery. If you are close to Oxford we have a demo Micra with the Spax suspension kit fitted which you could try.

Matt

hi matt yeah your kit looks great and is top quality price is more than i really want to pay though!
but email me some prices of various options (it might sway me!) :laugh: (not interested in the bilstein kit)
i will be using this for mainly fast road and highspeed cruising so firm but not bone shattering ride, and the occasional track use, more interested in the handling ability than the look of slammed suspension.
cheers martyn

right then i have decided to buy the interalloy suspension kit as it is a good price and it has both uprated and progresive springs and uprated gas shocks so should deliver a supple ride and improved handling, kit should be here by next weekend so ill let you know what its like when ive fitted it (Y)

well peeps i ordered this kit nearly a month ago and still not got it yet! the ebay seller is a big northern mod store but has a bad attitude to ebay sales, i would suggest that if anybody were to buy this kit to order direct and check delivery times!
i only got an answer from them when i phoned them up to complain 4 weeks after purchase that id not got it and they werent responding to emails or ebay messages they claimed that the manufacturer had been on holiday for a while! , but i think they should mention if theyre gonna take ages to deliver! :glare:
anyway i will update you all on there performance when they finally arrive!

Ring me tomorrow morning and if you are prepared to pay for a Saturday AM delivery you could have a set of gas Bilstein's and a set of our lowering springs on your door step by lunchtime. If the weathers good you could have them fitted by tea time .
All our parts are on the shelf I'll say no more!!

Matthew 01865 748000

Matt, how many of the 50mm springs have you got left?
I need to refurb my alloys first, but got uni work to do as well :(

Ring me tomorrow morning and if you are prepared to pay for a Saturday AM delivery you could have a set of gas Bilstein's and a set of our lowering springs on your door step by lunchtime. If the weathers good you could have them fitted by tea time .
All our parts are on the shelf I'll say no more!!

Matthew 01865 748000

i would mate but ive allready paid for them! if they dont arrive within the week i will demand a refund and you will be getting the order! :grinning:

359 quid! omg the prevoius owner of my car paid £60 for some g-max 35mm springs and kyb gas shocks off kristian!

kyb gas shocks for the micra retial at around £200, tbh i think its expensive, for some extra cash you could be running coilovers!

359 quid! omg the prevoius owner of my car paid £60 for some g-max 35mm springs and kyb gas shocks off kristian!

kyb gas shocks for the micra retial at around £200, tbh i think its expensive, for some extra cash you could be running coilovers!

well STILL not got them, the company Evolution R are being very unhelpfull and despite repeated requests for delivery or a refund have failed to do either. I have decided to take further action to recover my money, and i would advise others to steer well clear of them also!
by the way the use the ebay name rieger76 having checked, most of their bad feedback is for either stupidly long waits for items or items not turning up at all and the company refusing to give refunds!
well i know better know! :doh:

matt is brilliant, for reliability and service there isn't better,

will be getting that down pipe off you at some point matt :D

I would sell a set of front Spax dampers and sptrings for 475.00 delivered.
Ring me before 12.00 on Monday and you could have them for Tuesday. They also come with C spanners for adjusting the spring platforms.

Back