Suspension Bolt Torque Settings

T

The Mad Hatter

I'm going to fit the lowering springs I've ordered for my 160SR myself with the help of a couple of mates in one of their workshops-can anyone tell me the torque settings for the relevant bolts that I'll be taking off?

Cheers in advance!

you dont normaly need to torque the bolts to a set ammount like the wheel nuts etc... just do them up tight enough so that you are confident they wont come loose. but make sure you get the tracking re-set afterwards as lowering the car usualy puts it out a bit.

you dont normaly need to torque the bolts to a set ammount like the wheel nuts etc... just do them up tight enough so that you are confident they wont come loose. but make sure you get the tracking re-set afterwards as lowering the car usualy puts it out a bit.

So tightening them so much that it strips the threads is enough then...?

Yeah, I already knew about the lowering "putting the tracking out a bit"...I hope I should, considering I'm looking at how to engineer some toe adjustment into the rear suspension...

Haynes says 177nm for a k11 and considering it uses the same suspension design as what most fwd vehicle use (macpherson strut + single lower wishbone) it should be fine for the k12.

If your torque wrench doesnt go that far just do them up to what you feel is over 100nm. Also if you have non standard bolts in there (like camber pins) you'll have to find out what torque they can take because 177nm will probably break them without too much fuss heh.

Yom-thanks for that, that's great. It'd be nice to have some camber pins in there but alas I can't find anything of that ilk for the K12... :(

Back