Suspended from work

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
As per title after cliping a 3 course high wall in my van resulting in the nearside wheel been busted, I have been suspended for fai;ure to report an accident......Fact is that I did tell a manager on the day it happened and I would say that it was more of an incident than an accident. The speed at which I was traveling was about 5mph as I was just pulling away. The manager that I told is denying the fact I told him fact is I even showed him the wheel and under his guidence was told to report it today as It was my day off yesterday. I didnt even get a chance to fill out any accident report as I was busy this morning at work and fully intended to do so before I left also up until I was asked to go into the office all the managers were busy so I could not report or fill out any reports in any case. Then under the health and saftey guide lines they have informed me im unable to change a wheel that I should have rang the garage to do this funny after countless punctures and 22 years of driving for them this has just come to light, ive never had to ring them before for what its worth I think its kangaroo justice.grr

Dont suppose it is a well known supermarket you work for lol. Had an identical situation myself ended up with my union sorting it out. hope it works out well. :grinning:

Kenny, surely the tracking unit will verify what happened.

uh, how does the tracking unit report a busted wheel lol,

As a mechanic ive heard all the stories and excuses under the sun when a driver damages there vehicle, however you should always fill out an accident report form and a defect note, providing you have them, they should be always in the vehicle, it covers your arse more than anything, regardless of whether the managers were busy or not i would of reported it when it happened, im surprised with the suspension, but atleast its full pay (Y)

total joke, keep fighting them mate, if they start taking the #### saying they are going to take action and you are going to loose your job (for scuffing a wheel wtf??) go public, the SUN love these kind of stories, make a big fuss about how long you have been working for them and how you have just done the job and not ####ed about with this stupid health and safety when it comes to something stupid like just changing a wheel etc, and how they are blowing this well out of proportion

uh, how does the tracking unit report a busted wheel lol,

As a mechanic ive heard all the stories and excuses under the sun when a driver damages there vehicle, however you should always fill out an accident report form and a defect note, providing you have them, they should be always in the vehicle, it covers your arse more than anything, regardless of whether the managers were busy or not i would of reported it when it happened, im surprised with the suspension, but atleast its full pay (Y)

I havent made any exuses i was just in the process of pulling away and didnt have enough lock on the steering wheel damage is very minor at that as for an accident report there is not a paper report anymore it all has to be done on a managers pc and the defect book is also in the managers office therefor i was unable to fill out this as when i got back there were no managers on the premisess and I also reported it to my line manager who saw the van not 2 hours later and told him what happened but he was to busy and told me to fill out the report today as it was my day off yesterday and thats my point I never got the opportunity to fill out any reports.

You'd be suprised at what those tracking units can report, and that's all I can say, since I work with the company who supplies them.

Hope it gets sorted mate, you should see the state of some of our vans it amazes me that any new dents can be spotted, but the defect forms shouldn't be with management they should be within easy reach of the drivers

nope royail mail

Thats a bummer. One of my mates works for RM and the amount of vans he's written off, he's never got suspended.

You'd be suprised at what those tracking units can report, and that's all I can say, since I work with the company who supplies them.

Exactly, we've got them fitted on all our cars within the fleet. I was quite surprised what they can report....:wasntme:

lets hope they are so "busy" that they forget you are suspended, and you can just stay at home and get paid :D

My mates works with mentally ill people who can be very aggressive. The biggest guy in the place went off on one which my mate controlled. A nurse reported him for strangling the patient which is bull#### tbh. He was suspended without pay and still is 3 months later! He has 2 kids and he cant get money from anywhere. Police have investigated and thrown it out yet the company are still questioning! Think yourself lucky. Still a stupid thing to be suspended over

that is indeed! my dad has worked for said company for 20 years and never been a driver himself he sorts them out in the office bit that gives them the drop offs etc! always new dents and all the vans in that office are old and need renewing! like one got rear ended by a lorry etc...

and at the end of the day if it was just a scuff on the wheel it shouldnt be any bother

if it was me id show them the middle finger :laugh: seriously this country just gets worse health and safety this health and safety that. soon we will need to be qualified to tie are own shoe laces

My dad office used to let the staff use the vans whenever! And minibusses at weekendd and it just needed written permission from the manager!

Now theres none of that!

My dad office used to let the staff use the vans whenever! And minibusses at weekendd and it just needed written permission from the manager!

Now theres none of that!

recieved today a phone call to return to work tommorow as im no longer suspended as there is no case to answer to...........but its ok ive had no stress and ive slept ok this last 3 weeks wondering what will be, and to think i said i was inocent in the first place.................makes me mad

Back