SuperTurbo Project Help

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I dont know why you are getting so defensive Oranje, I'm only asking some questions and agreeing with Ed's points.

Here's is mine hold steady 1bar boost on the s/c

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j42/crazyep82/?action=view&current=MyUFOat1barboost.mp4

This is me on track having a race with a spec C Impreza-please ignore the rubbing the car was to low at the time
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j...ew&current=Dtdtrackday.mp4&mediafilter=videos

This is me on track another time
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j...againsttheBOBCATLegnum.mp4&mediafilter=videos

As you can see no lag

i just dont know you guys in person thats why i am defensive. i am honest to tell you that two of the 3 pipes in ufo were off. the thing is that i use the st a lot and in 1.3 bar car has a lot of air pressure so some pipes need to be re-put in their spot. i will try to take a video today to prove that s/c is ok.

As for your subaru, because it is newer than st of course has more sophisticated ecu than ours. so if you like a whp about 500 i think stock ecu is ok. My opinion is that with new standalone engine management system or emanage you have more options and you can get the best of your engine. another thought we had is to plug a ca18 or sr20det ecu with its harness but as you can see emanage was a lot easier to plug. i dont want to argue with you because i respect you and your car but i tell you my thought because your st can produse more and "better" power. regards

OP
OP
william18
What I bought so far
Bosch 09362 Premium Spark Plug Wire Set

Sunpro CP8203 StyleLine Mechanical Vacuum/Boost Gauge - White Dial

JDM Turbo Timer Apexi Black with White LED

Sunpro CP8210 Electrical Air Fuel Ratio

HPS 3.5mm High Temp Silicone Vacuum Hose BLUE x 10 Feet

Going to buy:

JDM Fuel pressure regulator
Tachometer
Blowoff Valve

What's the best size exhaust piping? 2",2.25' or 2.5'? Can a CAI fit?

OP
OP
william18
I understand that but i just want more than one confirmation before i spend my money. Exhaust system aint cheap in my country. You can ask baz. So I have to get the right everything.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
ECU has to be remapped to change AFM unless you fudge it with a e-manage etc. I'll try and find some vids of mine soon.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
What I bought so far

Forget that and fit NGK BCPR7ES

Sunpro CP8203 StyleLine Mechanical Vacuum/Boost Gauge - White Dial

Ok

JDM Turbo Timer Apexi Black with White LED

Pointless

Sunpro CP8210 Electrical Air Fuel Ratio

If its not wideband then pointless

HPS 3.5mm High Temp Silicone Vacuum Hose BLUE x 10 Feet

Going to buy:

JDM Fuel pressure regulator

Nothing wrong with oem so pointless

Tachometer
Why? Car has one stock.

Blowoff Valve
Cosmetic but ok

What's the best size exhaust piping? 2",2.25' or 2.5'? Can a CAI fit?

Make it work first. but 2 inch will do for you.

OP
OP
william18
Thanks very much for saving me some money ED. I revamped my list and order only what you advised. No wideband yet. Expensive here. So stock spark plug wires ok? My engine have some age. Just got it but I will just do the spark plugs.
I order the hose ( hope 10ft is enough) and boost gauge. Will see if I get a used wideband a/f to buy.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Can supply widband kit inc gauge posted for £200 (you're Ireland?)

OP
OP
william18
so Ed no change of spark plug wires? Baz will send me a new distributor when I send him the moeny. 2" exhaust system free flow? I was going 2.25" free flow. Would any wideband work?

OP
OP
william18

Forget that and fit NGK BCPR7ES

3330 or 6286? Thats the model numbers am getting
3330 is a replacement spark plug
6286 is a Traditional spark plug
NGK doesnt sell 3330 as they have replaced it with the 6282 model.
3330 is available on amazon.

OP
OP
william18
I have destroyed the car shell becuz it was no good but am buying my parts little buy little....
Looking at getting: Nismo Coilovers and HKS springs soon....

OP
OP
william18
Hey guys getting things back on track. Have a question to ask. Should I have a custom head gasket made because I do plan on going over 150bhp? Does anyone have one for sale?

I don't know the detailed specs or directly compatible parts; but I did get mine rebuilt with larger wheels and a ball bearing core. Any decent turbo shop could do that, you should expect 20-50% more airflow (at about the same revs due to moving to a ball bearing core)

frank

Club Member
gains from ball bearings on such a tiny turbo sounds like a bit of a myth to me, a bigger compressor wheel will push more air tho :)

OP
OP
william18
Am going to do the ht10/T25 hybrid build. Btw with a turbo build like that do you think that I would have to make over a new exhaust manifold for better flow or is the stock manifold good enough? P.S. It doesn't have turbo shops in my country. Most people just buy aftermarket.

Hey Frank, I obviously don't have back to back results with the same size turbo, but 10% more efficient is 10% more efficient no matter how small the number. I actually found the stock turbo to be very laggy (full boost around 4.5k) and clearly Nissan did too because they fit a supercharger :)

Oranje unless you go much larger I would stay with the standard manifold. A little restriction there is not as bad as other place (eg post the turbo/in the exhaust) because it keeps low rev exhaust gas velocity up; that is exactly what you need to get the turbine spinning earlier. Yes it may hurt top end if it is the overall restriction point

OP
OP
william18
Someone took mines and i found out who took it so am going to get it back. Am just asking bcuz I heard the ca18 have a maf extremely close to it so I need the part number just incase they try to switch it. thanks.

OP
OP
william18
Ok guys. Might use the ma10et mass air flow until i get back mines if i do get it back. Got some questions though.

1) Has anyone ever had a custom made metal head gasket for the ma09ert?
2)What was the material the gasket was made from?
3) What was the thickness of the gasket?
4) Can I order parts from nissan.epc-data?
5) What are the cc size of the injectors?

OP
OP
william18
So what now baz?

Got this from facebook k10 superturbo group in Malaysia.... I asked the question....

Looking for march superturbo head gasket...

safe_image.php

Like · · Unfollow Post · Share · 10 hours ago via Mobile
Cud the ma10 head gasket work?

Baz

Ex. Club Member
It will work yes , I am sure I told you I am using one ...........
Only thing is the compression ratio will not be the same

OP
OP
william18
Trinidad Octane Level

Super Unleaded - 93 octane
Premium Unleaded - 95 octance

Sometimes we mix race gas in ours tanks to raise the level.

on that note what if i get a custom head gasket made using the superturbo own as a template? (same design, .6mm thickness)

Also did u coat your ma10 head gasket with copper spray or something?