SuperS body kit on early model question

RaptorRVL

Ex. Club Member
Hello there, after a year of absense I finally have some time to work on the micra again :) And questions are here already ofcourse :)

I have a k10 from 87 and I can get a full SuperS body kit. My question however is if the bumpers are a direct fit since the SuperS is one of the later models (looking at the bumbers and grill) and there seem to be some changes in there.
Once tried using a different grill but that didnt fit because of some of those changes.

So how's that with the bumbers? Will they be a direct fit or does it need adjusments? Front and rear in this case.
Maybe my search skills need an upgrade, but I coulnd't find the answer with the search...

Thnx in advance.

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
If you are wanting to facelift the full front end, you will need the bumpers, wings, grille and bonnet, if not I think you will need to modify the bumper a bit, but a facelift front end would look much better. :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
micra man said:
If you are wanting to facelift the full front end, you will need the bumpers, wings, grille and bonnet, if not I think you will need to modify the bumper a bit, but a facelift front end would look much better. :)

Dont forget headlights too!

OP
OP
RaptorRVL

RaptorRVL

Ex. Club Member
Ah yes, I see :)
Well, not too sure about a full facelift for the front end though. Guess the facelifted bumper might need some work where the grill fits in then.
The idea was not to make a full facelift :D But more like upgrading the current stuff with a few new bits from a SuperS model.

If the bumpers are a quite direct fit except the grill the it wouldn't be any problem changing that. As long as the rest of the bumper is fitted the same way. Which I guess it is, but since I've never compared a facelifted model with an older one I'm just not sure.
But it shouldn't be too much work since I've got my hands full with fabricating custom inlet and outlet stuff :wow:

If a facelifted bumber means new headlights and grill, which means new bonnet, I'll better put this on hold for the moment. Then again, I don't mind having the older grill and headlights so that's no problem for me, I can live with that :D
And how about the rear? Is it only the shape of the bumper that's facelifted there and the rest is the same on facelift models?

S

Slim

facelift bumper will fit a pre facelift car no problems. The only thing you may ned to do is drill an additional hole in the wing, because facelift bumpers have 2 side bolts whereas prefacelift ones only have one.

apart from that, it'll go straight on.

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
micra man said:

you dont need to change the wings dan they are all the same ;)

Well, not true actually. I have a pre facelift 1987 dx with a 1991 super s kit on it. The bumpers are a straight fit, however if u want the grille too, you also need to change the headlights and bonnet.

And the super s bumper does have 2 screws at the side, while the old one only has one, but I mounted the bumper with 1 screw on each side and it's fine.

Rear bumper is also a straight fit without modifications.

Perhaps you can use the new bonnet with the old grille and lights, the front lip is a bit longer and looks real nice.
And it's also a straight fit !! I did it too, I'll post some pics up today.

Greetz,

Ne1LL.

fox1983

Deactivated Account
i agree with speedle we went through this with mine u dont really need to change the wings to facelift it the wings only have one hole yes but that is enough to hold them on and that is the only difference with the wings a hole missing so to fit the grill ect u just need to change the bonnet and headlights