• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Super Stormtrooper

MOT failure:

Emissions, as expected.
Tell tale bulb for full beam not working.

Thas it! So the standard manifold is going on tomorrow to cure emssions. And its a simple case of swapping a bulb over behind the dash..

Not bad for a 20 year old car with 130k

Oh forgot to mention, brake compensator seized.

Should be fine Karl, not a lot to go wrong on micras Lol apart from rust :rolleyes:

Hmm, I've ordered a mani to cat pipe, can't find my original, ill be fitting later to pass emissions, as for the dash bulb. Still doesn't work with a new bulb. Hmmm

Well it's been a while...
Not much has been happening recently.

Standard exhaust manifold is on, backbox is doing my nut in. Need to make some mounts.

But have got this part done

Sprayed with vht

1375896592101.jpg

I have since wrapped it. Thermal coefficientcy FTW.

1375896689968.jpg

That's about it, Retrorides Gathering is approaching fast, best pull me finger out ma .....

Have a bonus pic.

1375896762923.jpg

I have had these for a few months now and have finally starting to add to the car.
They are genuine Nissan arches, had them professionally sprayed in Nissan Kuro Black. They are ment to be for a facelift but fit to the rears quite nice. The fronts will require a bit of chopping where it meets the sill.

I have used black tiger seal to secure them and have some strong pegs to fix over night. 1 down 1 to go before RRG

1376418606859.jpg
1376418615617.jpg

Yeah that's the ones, always nearly bought sets but changed my mind so will have a nosey at yours come JAE :) i knew the colour coding would make it look totally different and not boring

I'm in a state of mind to sell up. :/

Micras being the only cars I've owned, I'm wanting something bigger, engine and size. Still sticking with Nissan, an Almera gti to be precise..

Dunno to strip mods and sell separate and revert car to standard, or to sell as whole.

As much as I love this car and it will destroy my heart, I have to move on.

So are any of you keen?

You'll regret it and you won't great to have a big comfy cruiser but I miss the fun of the micra and some of the smaller cars ive had anyway make more money putting it back to standard and selling bits and the car ideal for people recently passed! Thats why ive convinced my recently passed girlfriend to get a 2001 k11c :p ill be insured on that!

Just to say guys that the super stormtrooper has gone to a new home :(

I was gutted to see it go, as it was my pride and joy for just over 2years. I was amazed from every person that has complimented and praised it. Would like to thank all the members of the msc for your support. I'm not going anywhere yet. Micras are still a part of my heart. Who knows I could be driving on again lol

But now it's on to bigger things and experience another car other than a Micra lol

emy4a4yg.jpg

Here is the last photo from today. :(

This was always one of the cars I looked at and thought damn I need that stance. Good luck with your next project Jay cant to see what you can do to something else.

So this is the new vehicle

bezydazy.jpg

It's an almera gti which has the sr20 engine. 107k. Has looks of goodies like power steering air con etc. ride is really smooth. I also notice the fuel difference compared to the Micra lol

It's has boot and roof and arches resprayed. New calipers all round and rear discs and pads. New clutch.

Not got any plans in mind yet til the new year. After mot and tax whih are due soon. Just fix the little problems that are on it.

Split cv boot
Front discs pitted
Stereo wiring is mixed up
Few speakers blown
Fog light cracked
Service
Air con re gas
Central locking unlocks and locks instantly after.
Change clutch cable. Quite stiff

But so far I'm really impressed with it. Doesn't take a lot of effort to get it to speed. I will say that my Micra had a faster throttle response lol

When the time comes ill set up a non-Micra blog :(

Jay.

So this is the new vehicle

bezydazy.jpg

It's an almera gti which has the sr20 engine. 107k. Has looks of goodies like power steering air con etc. ride is really smooth. I also notice the fuel difference compared to the Micra lol

It's has boot and roof and arches resprayed. New calipers all round and rear discs and pads. New clutch.

Not got any plans in mind yet til the new year. After mot and tax whih are due soon. Just fix the little problems that are on it.

Split cv boot
Front discs pitted
Stereo wiring is mixed up
Few speakers blown
Fog light cracked
Service
Air con re gas
Central locking unlocks and locks instantly after.
Change clutch cable. Quite stiff

But so far I'm really impressed with it. Doesn't take a lot of effort to get it to speed. I will say that my Micra had a faster throttle response lol

When the time comes ill set up a non-Micra blog :(

Jay.

Ask Joe about his! Bloody accelerates like its just **** its self and needs to get to the toilet! Lol

Back