• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Super Stormtrooper

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Finally after becoming an MSC member and a micra owner for 3 years its time for me to upload my micra's. My first car was an 98 k11 1.0l shape. I had this car for just over two years and has never let me down.

Last June I was on the searching on ebay and had always wanted a super s and had seen on advertised locally. I couldnt resist the offer and condition and purchased a black super s :)

The photos uploaded are what i have saved over the last 3 years including modifications i had done.

private2.jpg My first car

IMAG0385.jpg Big exhaust added, with relevant sticker :)
IMAG0172.jpg Ronal alloys, my mate let me try them on but after a couple of days didnt like them so gave them back
IMAG0423.jpg Bought some fk lowering springs
IMAG0382.jpg So I purchased these off a mate for £40 no tyres, they are MSW, made of OZ racing, They came of a mk2 golf, so had to make the centre bore 2mm bigger, so took to my local engineer place. They were also really dirty, so tooth brush and cilit bang two hours of work per wheel came up like this :)
IMAG0431.jpg All clean :)
IMAG0430.jpg Seen this at a scrappy and thought dammmm thats low :) wish mine was that low lol

So my near k11 super s is currently going to be under way with modifications, including new wheels, matiz setup suspension, led rear lights, tint windows etc......

IMAG0498.jpg My new super s before lowering springs installed, but kept alloys and exhaust off old micra
IMAG0537.jpg I love tight parking in my town, you can fit micras in the smallest of spaces :)
private1.jpg Added a few stickers i got from trax silverstone 2011

Thanks for looking will keep updated of modifications :)

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Update, Was at college and my teacher let me bring in my car to the workshop to install the LED rear lights, was fairly easy, found info on the forum but double checked using a multimeter for live feed on wires. Looks 10x better
1.jpg

Yeah big zausts are cool but do you not lack a lot of back pressure with that thing?!

Also how much were the lights? Theyre nice, just not keen on the silvery part. Do they do all red ones?

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Yeah big zausts are cool but do you not lack a lot of back pressure with that thing?!

Also how much were the lights? Theyre nice, just not keen on the silvery part. Do they do all red ones?
Havn't noticed a difference in back pressure, i used the stock pipe from after the centre pipe to attach to the exhaust (the bit that bends over the axle)
The lights were £100 tad on the expensive side but well worth it IMO. Not sure if they do all red ones, silvery parts is for indicators, reverse. The fog ull need to change the bulb to a red one.

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
UPDATE**
Today, after finishing college, i drove 50miles south to cornwall, to pick up the Janspeed manifold :)
On the trip down there was a tunnel, so obv took the oppurtunity to open the windows and drop it down a gear ;)

The manifold looked in good nick, and bought it, was speaking to the seller and he was an msc member which was cool, and the crazy thing was his was amazed by my car, which i dont here quite often, as most people round my area cant really appreciate micras :confused:,

So hopefully can install the mani end of the week at college which makes it 100 times easier putting it on the 2 pilliar ramp.
Will upload pics when done. :)

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
For the last couple of days, i have been w orking on my manifold before putting it on my car, It was looking rusty so i wanted to clean it up abit and add a lick of paint so that my future plans are to tidy up the engine bay.

Heres a few pics of what i have been doing

rusty.jpg

wired.jpg
painted.jpg

Im quite happy with the end result :D

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
UPDATE****

So last Friday I have been busy installing my janspeed manifold. I was able to get my car in the workshop at college which makes its so much easier, with all the tools and ramp etc.
Straight after getting my car into the workshop I lifted the bonnet and started undoing the manifold bolts, the heat of the manifold helped removal and was so much easier than other vehicles i've worked on. Some nuts came off with the stud still on the block, others the stud came out with the nut still attached.

So after all the manifold nuts were removed it was time for the cat, i was lucky that the previous owner recently added a new centre pipe, so removing those bolts were easy, then i hit a problem with the front bolts to the cat. As shown in this pic
IMAG0631.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!!!! i thought it was some sort off cap over the nut, but couldnt work it out, :confused:

After some ummming and arrrrrrrring. I removed the otherside off the cat bolt which was easy to remove, which made me even more confused!! Decided to leave cat attached to downpipe for the moment and remove mani and cat as a whole. Doing this i then had to drop the anti-roll bar as had to give a greater angle to remove exhaust.

So finally exhaust from mani to centre pipe was removed. I then replaced the studs which came off the block with the nut with some spares off another head laying about in the workshop.

IMAG0632.jpg

IMAG0633.jpg

Removed the rest of old gaskets and fitted new ones and installed the new studs. Going back to the cat bolt, i cut it off and installed new bolts and nuts.

Installed new janspeed mani, but found it difficult, so i have to remove the alternator and its mount so it gave me more room to access from underneath, Reinstalled everything adding new bolts and washers to mani, had to shave washers to fit to bottom of mani as it was touching the weld.

The sound and power output is amazing, when it hits 2,000rpm the raspy sound kicks in :cool: i would definitley recommend one. Didn't take pics off the final result, was too excited to get it on the road for a test drive. Will upload pics soon.

I have a question if anyone can answer it?

Someone that has one fitted, did you notice a increase fuel comsumption, obviously u'd expect it but i mean alot..... and i forgot to reinstall the earth wire on the exhaust for the lambda? could this be a cause, i was thinking it could trace back through the mani to earth etc

frank

Club Member
you dont need the earth jay (the whole engine is earthed in many places), and you will use more fuel because you are ragging it more :p

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
UPDATE****

Here's the finished result to my manifold
IMAG0641.jpg

A few days ago i went with mate to the local scrappy, was on the look out for a coolant resevoir and almera airbox.

IMAG0636.jpg

So the highest car in the scrappy was the almera. Seen the airbox and paid for it along with a coolant resevoir off a micra. £12.
Then got home and realised aibox was wrong one, must of been a 2ltr airbox, i compared it to the sunny next to it and was identical??? :(
So whislt i was under the bonnet i replaced the resevoir, because for some reason it had a massive hole from when i bought the car.

IMAG0640.jpg

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
UPDATE****

Today i de-assembled the matiz struts i got. I measured the distance between the strut to hub holes. If anyone wants dimensions the micra distance is 50mm and matiz is 55mm so will need to file 5mm, tried a drill but failed!!
Managed to file the top strut hole and cut 2 coils on each spring. In doing so i went through about 10 hacksaw blades :rolleyes:

I know i now have to drill out (12mm) the micra top mount so the matiz damper shaft can fit. I was going to start it but realised I wouldn't be able to to use the top mount on the micra strut. Would this be wise not to do yet if i am going to put micra top mount back on micra strut??

i havn't bought any rear suspension yet. So im on hold for the time being. :(

Will upload some pics soon. :)

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
UPDATE****

As it has been lush weather recently decided i need to get rid of as much grey trim as possible. YUCK!

So did some spraying :)
IMAG0665.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

IMAG0692.jpg

Oh and a pic of the matiz strut compared to micra.

Havnt got round of taken pics of them modded yet.

IMAG0659.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0671.jpg
    IMAG0671.jpg
    740.5 KB · Views: 562
OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Had a spare afternoon and purchased a wire wheel drill bit, and removed all of the black paint i had on my wheels.

One step closer i guess to removing tyres and sending the wheels off :D

IMAG0696.jpg
IMAG0695.jpg

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Trying to get some body repairs together for the car, previous owner was a female (im not sexist) ;)

I got quoted £120 for this scuff on bumper, 3-4hours work, body repairer said he will have to remould the bumper the lines inset. Is this a good price??

I have other various dents on the car so am i better off going to a shop to get it all done in one hit?

IMAG0697.jpg

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
@Jay...Most painters charge between £90 to £120 a panel so it's not out the way..
Maybe touch it in with a brush & it'll take your eye off it if you don't fancy the band aid :D

Trying to get some body repairs together for the car, previous owner was a female (im not sexist) ;)

I got quoted £120 for this scuff on bumper, 3-4hours work, body repairer said he will have to remould the bumper the lines inset. Is this a good price??

I have other various dents on the car so am i better off going to a shop to get it all done in one hit?

View attachment 20185

Would it not be better to try a source a replacement bumper?

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Those black painted bumpers are such a nightmare with scratches and scuffs. The paint is so fragile and people are so brainless when they are parked in line in front of you, they just dont care about bumping hard into you.
Especially the idiots with bare towing attachment whereas they will never trail anything. I always try to avoid tight parking in line.

Your scuff is quite big, to have a perfect fix you should go with the expensive pro option.
A cheaper solution would be a DIY job: with wet sanding, spray cans, and M3 t cut compound, and then hidding it with stickers on it....

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Tell me about it Seb, i hate parking where i live. :( I live in a town where the average age is 88 and they all need 6ft radius around there vehicles to get out of em.

Touch wood 3years driving i have not added dents to my cars, just seems everyone else has. :(

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Love your wheels! What are they? You said you may be selling them? I may be interested!...
Cheers, they are MSW, made by OZ racing, 14" , yeh will be selling once ive got my banded wheels done, wont be for a couple of months yet and will probs put on front new tyres, will be selling dirt cheap as they are not in best nick, (when you look close up lol)

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
If they are being sent by post, i would say £100 including post depending where u are? have no pics but can take some close up's tomorrow

View attachment 20185
Mullet has a set of black super S bumbers for sale...

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/full-micra-1-0-for-sale-in-bits.44641/

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Got some lows today on matiz setup! be was on for a test drive and then came back off again! I think i may need my arches rolling ;)

IMAG0732.jpg

Compared to what height it was at

IMAG0733.jpg

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Update Needed new discs and pads today, couldnt use much more of the old ones, so have replaced. Then tightened the anti roll bar TIGHT! As knocking on big bumps. Then i removed the rocker cover. The two bolts at thr front seemed hard to remove, replaced with stainless steel bolts, will upload pics soon :)

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
The cam cover was a bit diffucult to remove but thanks to pollyp and franks advice a impac driver and hammer and chisel helped remove he stuborn screws

IMAG0736.jpg

IMAG0739.jpg

That scoring was what was causing my brake judder, had hardly any contact surface either.

IMAG0744.jpg

looks really good will look loads better with banded steels very excited to see how it goes. how much you think youll want for your wheels when you get rid of them ?? they could look alright on mine for a few months ;) when you were looking to get shot you think you could give me a shout ~??

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Yeh cant wait for the banded steels, wont be for about a month. I have promised another member if he'd want them first, if not then ill contact you, any u wont have to pay postage ;) be around £80, will be getting new front tyres in couple of weeks with a smaller profile and width.

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Not much has been going on recently. Have been on holiday, thus having no money to do anything. So week after the sunshine and i gave the motor a mini service. (plugs and oil change) and fitted two 7" jubilee clips to the backbox other than the photo frame wire ;)

Also went to the scrapyard and found a set of hub caps. I wasnt complaining about the price £2.50!!!!:p
sprayed one to see how it will look.

IMAG0781.jpg

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Test fitted the caps on wheels, i am really stuck on colour choice.??

Maybe spray the band one colour and the centre black (where the holes are)

IMAG0783.jpg

I had some spare alimunium paint and gave one a quick splat too see the result. Was ok just looks boring IMO

IMAG0786.jpg

Ideas on colours will be well appreciated :D............