DSC04096.JPG

DSC04087.jpg

DSC04090.JPG

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
My next days off are next week so will test suspension then :)

My ohh my mark that is some nice editing. You are twisting my arm ;) will have to roll arches and bring out the angle grinder

Wow! those are some deep wheels man, look massive! What colour are they exactly, is it like a bronzey colour? BTW man, I saw on here someone else was asking after your old wheels. Let them go man, I'm not gonna have them now, gonna put the money towards some droppage! Looking epic though!

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
They are pretty cool eh, wasnt expecting them to be that good when i got them delivered. The colour is Ford champagne gold, its a nice colour, without the "woaahhh stand out in ya face colour" No worries about the wheels, ive had local interest anywho's and it will be a hell of a lot easier :)

They are pretty cool eh, wasnt expecting them to be that good when i got them delivered. The colour is Ford champagne gold, its a nice colour, without the "woaahhh stand out in ya face colour" No worries about the wheels, ive had local interest anywho's and it will be a hell of a lot easier :)
Sound, glad your not lumbered with them! Just decided that as I have a set I'm putting on, and I'm liking playing with the steelies, I'd prob just nevr put them on the car... The colour is ace yeah, very subtle... suits the car very well... but then what doesn't go with black eh!?... ;)

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Lol, will need to get more paint soo, as mister ambulance with his flashing lights has priorities making me swerve off and "crunch on the kerb" :( but hey thats the nature of banded steels, they cant be painted any colour and always have "touch ups"

Lol, will need to get more paint soo, as mister ambulance with his flashing lights has priorities making me swerve off and "crunch on the kerb" :( but hey thats the nature of banded steels, they cant be painted any colour and always have "touch ups"
OUCH! Bet your heart sank when you heard and felt that scrape... Even worse you have to continue with if to get away from the kerb... Ah well, it happens eventually, best get te first one out the way then its not such a big issue in future...

Saying that though I will fume when I knock my fresh painted steels... Never, ever, EVER, hit the kerb... but I'm bound to now that I've got nice wheels...

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
OUCH! Bet your heart sank when you heard and felt that scrape... Even worse you have to continue with if to get away from the kerb... Ah well, it happens eventually, best get te first one out the way then its not such a big issue in future...

Saying that though I will fume when I knock my fresh painted steels... Never, ever, EVER, hit the kerb... but I'm bound to now that I've got nice wheels...
Was nothing serious the 2 incidents have been low mph. Ive got no sidewall to help me now lol On another note i need locking wheel nuts :rolleyes:

Was nothing serious the 2 incidents have been low mph. Ive got no sidewall to help me now lol On another note i need locking wheel nuts :rolleyes:
Gorilla Lugs mate, they are the... well.. Gorilla's nuts! :) I ummed and arrred over them for ages, but honestly, really good quality! Lots of classic car owners use them which is how I heard of them as I'm putting classic wheels on the Demon. Have to get them from the States though, but mine only took 8 days to arrive and only cost about £50 including shipping. Not bad considering I saw in Halfrauds a set of 4 locking nuts for £33!

The link below is the exact set I bought and same seller, so the size/fitment is right for the Micra, I've got them on mine now! Do them in different colours but thats the size you need! Know you've got centre caps on atm but if you ever decide to get rid these are proper nice showy nuts!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180875033486?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

skymera

Brutal Honesty
How did you get those tyres to fit? Hairspray trick? That's how I did it with my Fiesta but I'm unsure about 175/50 on a 8.5J wheel, but I see you're running 165? :O

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
How did you get those tyres to fit? Hairspray trick? That's how I did it with my Fiesta but I'm unsure about 175/50 on a 8.5J wheel, but I see you're running 165? :O
Nah not the hairspray trick. The 7.5 were easy with a 13" rubber ring which sat inside the bead, so when the tyre went "bang" you then remove the ring and the tyre is then seated on the bead.

Right.......the 8.5"......
you will need:

8.5" wheel, 165/55/r13, a 17" tyre, a 4ton four post ramp, with a e46 bmw on top. :D

Pulled the tyre on the front bead by hand<< :eek: then placed the 17" tyre on top (sits nicely on edge of tyre) then raise ramp and position wheel underneath still with the 17" tyre on top, lower ramp with car on the wheel and tyre's, and "squish" the tyre and hope it seals, with a lot of air connected to valve!

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
What happened? Was it on the wheel poke/arch clearance?
Nah that was an advisory lol, brake pipe corrosive, emissions (lambda was reading too high, the downpipe to cat flange wasnt sealed properly.) and one headlight was aimed too low. thats it :)

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Re-test went smoothly, noticed the lambda max limit was 1.030 and thats what my actual value was, that was close lol. Anywhoo got my paper work :)
Was going to start to replace stuff, then realised i left my tools at work. :rolleyes:

Also today sorted the scuff on my bumper, am quite pleased with the results so far. I used a fibre type filler, much butter IMO. have primer on it at the mo. Its hard for me to uploads pics, my phone died :(

OP
OP
Jay101

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow!!!
Got lows and went for a picnic with the mrs!

photo.JPG
photo (2).JPG
photo (3).JPG
photo (4).JPG

Offside rear scrubs with weight in the back, in need of a panhard rod!!!!