Super S sale or scrap?

Hi
Really throwing the net out here for advice. My daughter has a k10 ‘super S’ 1.2 J reg. It has been a good workhorse for 8years but unfortunately has given up the ghost. The head gasket has gone and it is going to cost quite a bit to fix it and having just had the radiator refurbished and new tyres she isn't prepared to spend any more on it.

It is not in pristine condition as the paintwork is fading but I believe all the main bits on the car are original she had it serviced regularly (which makes it a bit hard to swallow that its decided to go so wrong). Anyway enough waffle. She has now SORNed the car and going to contact local scrappys to see what they would offer.

My problem is I hate to think that there are good, useful parts which are getting harder to find and about to be crushed. The car would obviously have to be picked up on a trailer and it is located in the North West (I am in the South). So I thought I would ask on here first if anyone would be interested in a non-runner (would have to take whole car) that needs tlc or is she making the right decision to scrap?

well if u cant sell the whole car you can sell the parts of it coz things like the seats, streeing and the body kit is geting rare , well the car its self its getting rare btw wear is the car based coz i would buy a lot of parts off it cheerz

sorry to everyone for the delay in getting back to you but my daughter is away for two weeks - due back Tuesday evening - so I will get back to all of you as soon after that with a price, etc.

For those who asked about parts I think she is wanting the car to go as a job lot rather than in pieces otherwise she will then have the problem of getting rid of the left over sections.

Its located in the Furness area of Cumbria (end of the A590) (jct 36 M6).

Hi
sorry for delay in getting back to you all, i've been unwell.

Right she is open to offers for the Super S. as it has a newly refurbished radiator & 4 new tyres (tyres cost £240 alone). She realises she wont recoup all her money she just wants to cover some of her outlay.

She has been offered £200 without tyres or £250 with tyres from her local scrappy. but his offer won't last long apparently.
£100 from a local lad who wants to banger race it.

She would rather an enthusiast got the car than it was broken up or smashed up, it deserves that opportunity at least.
As you may be able to tell she likes the car a lot and if it wasn't at the age of everything wearing out and costing her, she would not be getting rid and as she/we don't know anyone who likes to fix cars (but isn't a garage), so financially it's not viable for her.

Here's the breakdown of work done and cost over past 18month:-

Radiator =£250
Tyres =£240
Battery =£60
Rad cap =£11

Total =£561

has MOT until August (Lol headgasket gone).
No Tax as she had to SORN it.

Anyway apology for going on, if anyone is still interested get in touch - just a reminder it is the whole car she won't be selling parts off it, sorry and will need a trailer.

If you're going down the scrappy route, £200 for the shell isn't a bad price. The seats (subject to condition) are rare, even things like the dashboard, clock, plastics, dials, bodykit, skirts, and spoiler are all worth money. You should be able to remove all the bits then let the scrappy take the shell away with whatever is left! Someone will make money on it if you let the car go in one piece

Back