[SOLD] Super S - 1994/M, somewhat tatty

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_attrill

Buy & Sell Member
I am selling my 1994(M) Super S. I bought this in May 2009 after needing a car to commute from the south coast to Guildford every day. It has served me truly faultlessly since then and I am only having to sell it due to getting a new car this week. I did plan to keep it longer, but I got something quicker and do need to move it on. Unfortunately I will have to SORN it next week (Mon 25th) and hand in the tax due to having to swap the insurance over (stupid new continous insurance system), so a test drive won't be possible, but after then you can start it and put it into gear on my driveway (well, lawn). The car is located in Farnborough, Hants, PM me or call 07801 842759 any time.

Now, I don't know what price to ask - £350?

Facts:

- 78k miles on the clock, I bought it at 46k in May 2009.
- MOT until January 2012.
- If you buy it before I have SORN'd you can have the remaining tax until May 2012.

Good points:

- Super S!
- Plenty of tread all round, all Falken (£50 each IIRC), rough guess the fronts are 50% (to 1.6mm, not bald), the rears 75% worn.
- Clutch replaced just after I got it.
- Sills are good, MOT guy even commented that there is none of the usual rot. I undersealed as much as I could right after getting it too.
- New brake pads on the front in January, discs seem ok although the MOT advises they need replacing
- Rear brake pipe replaced in January (professionally) and system bled. They said the other side is ok.
- Has never let me down.
- I'm not sure what the standard equipment is on the Super S, but it has electric windows, a sunroof, bigger than normal speakers, but no power steering or ABS.

Bad points:

- Stolen & recovered at some point. V5 indicates a vehicle identity check has been performed.-
- Presumably because of this, the door key is different to ignition (I have only one set too).
- No history at all.
- Large dent to n/s wing
- Scrape/dent to o/s and n/s outer sills
- Scrape to rear o/s quarter just in front of rear lamp
(I have no idea if the scrapes occured during the theft or at some other time)
- Paint peeling on roof between windscreen and sunroof
- O/s headlamp bracket broken where it attaches to the wing. (Headlamps were aligned at the first MOT I had it and have been fine since)
- Sometimes a bit stiff getting into 1st gear, I am 90% sure this is just the linkage (search the forums) but it's never bothered me enough to fix it.
- Bonnet slightly misaligned.
- Two holes in the dash due to my phone car kit.

Some pics taken today - note that I broke the cardinal rule and haven't washed it prior to photos - maybe this weekend if I have time!

(Clicky)

Status
Not open for further replies.