Super S 1.3 Starts then Dies (Pls Help!)

Hi all.

So the problem is this:

Normally start on first flick of the key - in fact best starter i haev ever owned!!

Last day or so i have noticed that (seemingly when cold) the engine fires up as usual but then dies almost immediately. It is DEFINATELY firing and its almost like turning the key back off as soon as it starts.

It does this 2-3 times then starts fine and runs perfectly.

However just now it did this, and after getting it going about 2 mins later while doing about 30 mph the engine just died, no splutter or drama, like as if you turned the key.

The interesting thing was i notcied that as i was calmly trying to pull over to the side of the road, when i used my indicator i got nothing. I am also pretty sure i had no dash lights on (oil and battery as if you had stalled).

Car started at roadside after a good few more turns, then drove normally, cue repeat performance about 2 mins later.

Then car started first time and got me another 7 miles to work without fault. I turned off and restarted several times at work with no problems what so ever.

Any body any ideas?? I find the fact i had no electrics when the engine stopped very strange, and almost says to me a problem with the ACC/ON switch in the barrel or something similiar?

Could this bea TB issue?: When the car is going she is perfect, no stalling, misfiring, idling issues etc.

Its almost like somebody is disconnecting the Battery mid drive!

Any help much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Luke

I had a similar issue last year which was battery related, where it wouldn't start and then kept dying whilst driving. Sometimes it'd restart when it died but sometimes it wouldn't, a new battery cured that. Am currently having issues [see fuel pump relay thread] with it not wanting to start and it cut out on me the other day too, only the once, and has been fine since. May be worth a read just incase!

do you have a lot of keys and things on the key chain??? the added weight might damage the ignition barrel.

Back