Sunstrip?

L

lewis

Getting my tints done today, decided to get just the rear done, the guy offered to do a sunstrip for an extra 20.

Get a sunstrip - yes or no?

edit : just found this and imo its pretty mince :(

691508_118_full.jpg

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
If its going to be a subtle one like black or a charcoal then go for it I would say, but any other colours, say to match the car is just naff. Got to ask yourself, do you really want/need it?

OP
OP
L

lewis

Don't really need it, but im not too sure on them......my mate has one and its alright.

Matching the colour of the car is naff, who do you take me for? :D

mike

I love Ed!!!!
If you ever need your windscreen replace, Nissan did a windscreen that has a grey or blue sunstrip at the top. On the later K11's the sunstrip was reduced to just the centre section which i agree with as if your tall(ish) looking through the sunstrip gets annoying.

Mike

James

Chairman
mike said:
If you ever need your windscreen replace, Nissan did a windscreen that has a grey or blue sunstrip at the top. On the later K11's the sunstrip was reduced to just the centre section which i agree with as if your tall(ish) looking through the sunstrip gets annoying.

Mike
Yep, my SR has the blue "sunstrip" from Nissan although its seethrough, but does the job :) - You can see it here:

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 433
R

RIK

stick a big fat one on,the same colour as the car

i got a metalic one made for 20quid,perfect match

Attachments

• Image018.jpg
    Image018.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 326
OP
OP
L

lewis

I ended up getting one made - just the same as the tints.

If you want some pics I'll post them tomorrow.

Rik's Awesome K11!!!! pumping out a whopping 1 brake man power lol!

Mine used to have a black sunstrip was kinda cool. makes the car feel sportier when your sat inside i thought. but the windscreen cracked so i now have a screen with the nissan one on it which is just as good. and legal too!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Some sunstripts can look ok, however the majority i see, i think "chav" mod... especially when you get "motorsport" pasted over the top of it. The same goes for crappy ripspeed gear knobs, "type s" cigarette lighter sockets and all that over rubbish you can buy in halfrauds and motorworld.

If you ever have doubts about a particular part of a car, shall i, shant i, then dont do it! but, you've already done it so would be interesting to see.

Arnold said:
If you ever have doubts about a particular part of a car, shall i, shant i, then dont do it! but, you've already done it so would be interesting to see.

why? there is a stage with every mod when you think shall i shant i. if that was the case there wouldn't be many moded cars

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
When your buying the kit for your car, you obviously must like the kit otherwise you wouldnt buy it! The same goes for alloys, spoilers, resprays and everything else! Like i said, on some cars it looks good - so you buy it expecting the same result, but, the end result could look terrible.

If you're already having doubts about doing a particular mod then it usually means its not worth persuing unless you've seen the finished results elsewhere - another K11, or a photoshop. The fact this very thread exists shows Lewis is not overly keen on them, otherwise he'd just go out and buy one! It could end up being a huge dissapointment and money down the toilet

And heres my example of how crap they do look!

Retardo00Corsa.jpg