Sunroof repair

Just registered on behalf of my sister-in-law who has a 2001 Micra SE 16v 3dr which I believe makes it a K11?

She has the common leaky sunroof problem so I’ve followed the first bit of advice about clearing the muck from behind both front wheel arches (really full up) but unfortunately her mechanic simply used sealant around the top of the glass so I need to remove that before I can have a proper look and fix! I can’t seem to find out if there’s a rubber/foam seal around the top that I’ll need to replace once I get it open as I don’t want to remove the sealant only to find I can’t make it waterproof in the current climate.

Any advice gratefully received, TIA.

OP
OP
B
I downloaded the manual but don’t see any mention of a sunroof seal so I’m still none the wiser......my concern is I remove the sealant and find the rubber seal has deteriorated and can’t be re-used so if anyone can chip in that’s been down this route before would be very handy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B
Rang the dealer and the rubber seal comes with the glass so ~£500....think I’ll be ordering the magnetic cover mentioned in another thread as backup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk