sunny vented brakes

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
ok then, as it says i would like to upgrade to sunny vented disks/calipers but don't know how to go about it.

i know fitting is easy enough if you remember to use a spacer for the caliper.

so anyway where is the best place to get them and how much they cost?

cheers graeme

also are the one listed in the performance parts supplier thread better? "TA*ROX G88, MONZA"

ta

K

kneival

Go to a scrapyard and pinch them off a sunny or look on ebay, they come up sometimes..

there is a simple guide on this forum on how to fit them, its fairly straight forward.

M

MTB

:p Hi all, since i put my sunny calipers etc on, ive had nothing but knocking noises from the calipers or the pads or both, ive fitted new discs/pads and cleaned the caliper guide pins etc but still have the knocking sound when going over bumps, the noise dissapeares when i press the brakes. Anyone any idea why this is and how to fix it because its driveing me nuts, thx MTB:p.

M

MTB

what the small clips the pads sit in?, if it is them you are talking about yes i do m8

K

kneival

ye its those im talking about.

When the wheel is on can you turn it freely by hand?

K

kneival

Is the brake disc fully locked into place by your wheels?

Reach thro and try and give it a wiggle perhaps?

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Check your wheel tightness, I had a similar problem with my normal brakes recently, and sorted it today by doing the bolts up tighter.

M

MTB

Na m8 wheels are tight, i jacked the car up last night and tried to find out what the problem was, its actually the calipers that are knocking because i got a hold of them and wiggled them about and there is alot of play/knocking in them, i checked all the screws etc for tightness and all is good, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP.

M

MTB

damaged in what way m8, you any idea?, double checked bolts and they are tight enough

K

kneival

what the hell have you done, lol.

Can you take some pictures?
Did you use the correct size bolts? Perhaps they have bottomed out before tightening.

What part moves? The bracket that attaches to the car should be solid, but the actual caliper should move a bit I think, this allows it to center onto the disc.

Did you use the spacer washer on the calipers to allow them to sit properly?

M

MTB

Hi m8, did everything proper m8, its the actuall caliper that moves, the body/bracket of the caliper is solid, calipers in general should have a litlle play in them which is normal, but when you wiggle mine they kock/rattle quite bad like i said. And yes m8 i have used the little washer/spacer between the hub and the caliper, ill try and get some pics up l8r on if i have time if not tommorrow, need someone to host them for me though, thx m8

K

kneival

It sounds like you calipers are knackered.

I have never dismantled calipers before but im guessing they have guide pins on them under those black covers?

Sounds like yours are a loose fit, perhaps worn?

M

MTB

Yes m8 they do have guide pins, the thing is george didnt have any problems with them when fitted to his super s not long ago, im not sure what i can do now, im not takeing the car to a garage because im sick of getting ripped off, the only problem is i need them sorted because the car is getting sold soon:[, MTB.