sunny carb

courier

90 quid is way too much imo
try your local scrappy
fitting bike carbs would be a mission and very thirsty

the gains from bike carbs would be up around the 15-20bhp mark
the sunny carbs is more like 5bhp at the most it just makes the car a bit better to drive and adds a little torque

MPG on the bike carbs will be aweful, mpg onthe sunny carb at least on my 1.0 was virtually unchanged.

£90 is mental!!!!! i paid £15 for my carb from a scrappy of a low millage sunny dont pay thta sort of money mate its worth £15 not £90!!!!

i was expecting that.. the £90 did include delivery though.

So how come bike carbs are so bad on fuel??? a cbr600f does 40mpg easy if you ride it slowly/smoothly.. even my 135bhp 1200cc bike manages 43mpg!! well 35ish if i hammer it. is it cause the micra is 1200 and the carbs are for a 600cc motor so in theory they need to fill twice the space with fuel/air mix so mpg is halfved?

Anyone got a sunny carb they dont want??? Cash Waiting!!! Speedle if you can get one from your scrappy as bridges only had a 1.4 sunny, then ill give you the money V soon when i come and get that exhaust manifold!!

PPS: does the sunny carb need/use the ecc system?

CHEERS!!!

courior

your bike is about 1/2 the weight and 1/3 the frontal area, if you put a single carb on it, it would do about 60 mpg

So how come bike carbs are so bad on fuel??? a cbr600f does 40mpg easy if you ride it slowly/smoothly.. even my 135bhp 1200cc bike manages 43mpg!! well 35ish if i hammer it. is it cause the micra is 1200 and the carbs are for a 600cc motor so in theory they need to fill twice the space with fuel/air mix so mpg is halfved?

Anyone got a sunny carb they dont want??? Cash Waiting!!! Speedle if you can get one from your scrappy as bridges only had a 1.4 sunny, then ill give you the money V soon when i come and get that exhaust manifold!!

PPS: does the sunny carb need/use the ecc system?

CHEERS!!!

the bike carbs could be good on mpg if jetted correctly and setup on a rolling road but thats all costs money

the sunny carb wouldnt use any off the ecc system but this wouldnt cause a problem as ive run a super s on a webber carb and it was perfect.

the 1.4 carb would have been ok theres about 100cc difference between the 1.3 and 1.4 sunny lol

bottom line is if you want a fast k10 you wont get good mpg and thats all there is to it!

i dont car if it included the bloody car! thats still a rip off

ive never said no mods are required, yes the carb will bolt to the manifold without modification but a mod is needed to make the accelarotr cable fit i will try and get a picture.

or if curtis reads this, post a pic of that bit of metal that the accel cable connects to will you mate? :D

as for the carb on that van i have no idea if it will fit, i will try and find you a carb on my next scrappy visit

ill post a pic tonight....or there are pics of it in ma blog i think...not sure if it shows the cable mod?!?

bike carbs would be bad on the mpg but with the price of petrol at the moment its worth getting them set up on a rolling road as you'll probably save money in the long run. plus if your running bike carbs then its probably not advisable to always thrash the nuts of them constantly. if there set up write and driven smoothly then you'd get reasonable mpg for the gains.

Back