Sump washer size?

Good morning everyone!

Going to change oil, filter and plugs this weekend, and was wondering if anyone had to hand, or knew, the size of the sump plug washer that is required for a micra k12 1.2 petrol?

Very grateful as always,

And thanks to all who helped with my brake problem a few months back - done 30k miles since and they have all been sweet as a nut! ??

Pat

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Not sure about the size but it's not just a washer, it's a one off use copper crush washer that screws onto the sump plug thread:-
s-l300.jpg

A better view here:-

1485824596294_hugeBlock

edit:- apparently the inner diameter is 11mm (to screw onto an M12 thread, the outer diameter is 18mm and the thickness before crushing is 3mm.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kcirtap
Not sure about the size but it's not just a washer, it's a one off use copper crush washer that screws onto the sump plug thread:-
s-l300.jpg

A better view here:-

1485824596294_hugeBlock

edit:- apparently the inner diameter is 11mm (to screw onto an M12 thread, the outer diameter is 18mm and the thickness before crushing is 3mm.....
Thanks, that brill. ????

As a self-taught DIY codge modger “improvise adapt & overcome” any snag in the quickest cheapest easiest way with materials to hand, I have never needed the expense of “Nissan Crush washers” having used a little universal plumbers PTFE tape on my oil drain plugs for 44 years of driving.

Needless to say I never had an issue with drain plug threads or oil leaks thereon with any of my old bangers with my simple improvised solution. (y)

OP
OP
Kcirtap
Aye. Really you should change it each time as they are so cheap but Its what we do on ship if we're with a company too cheap to restock us regularly. No reason it won't also work on a smaller washer.
Nice. I just paid the few pence for a new one! ?