Sump Guard ideas

I have a beam welded across the front of the car (from tow hook point) and just bolted some 5mm aluminum under the sump and wishbones.... Cheaper than a pre made sump guard

My OMP one has nuts welded over two holes in a channel which is in turn welded to the bottom of the crossmember, these secure the front.

There are two pieces of angle iron welded to the chassis rails further back with the horizontal bottom part just below the height engine mount beam. These have a clever fixing for the guard which consists of two large washers kept apart by a nut with a vertical bolt through the lot, through the angle and nut on top. One on each side, making a tophat shape. Hard to explain, easy to do. The plate has two notches in its back edge which allow you to line up with the tophats, push it between the washers and bolt up vertical at the front, it takes seconds to fit and remove.

Oh, it's easier and better than Huggys, no disrespect.

I have a beam welded across the front of the car (from tow hook point) and just bolted some 5mm aluminum under the sump and wishbones.... Cheaper than a pre made sump guard

Nice - where did you get the alu from, any rough ideas on the dimensions?

Uhmm, tbh have no idea where it was bought from, but I guess you could get it off the Internet if you cant find any shops nearby... Dimensions wise, it protects some of the wishbones too as well as the sump but no idea on depth and can't measure it as the car isn't here at the moment :/ sorry

This is my OMP one.
Two bolts vertical at the front

Two 'top hats' into slots in the back of the guard

Top hats bolted to angle iron brackets

Simples!

Back