Suicide doors (thread renamed because olly was being stupid)

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
doors.... are going to be my next major mod, or so I hope.
I have heard you just have to swap hinges and parts over. Obviously it's not THAT simple, but what I want to know if there will be any major problems.... for example shape of door.

Has it been on a Micra in this country???? Novas rather annoyingly have very similar doors and have pretty every mod known to man done to them.

Hasn't been done yet I don't think, if it has I'll go for gullwing doors, I was just wondering if anyone could think of problems.

I'm not really one for parking lol, I'd do lambo doors but they are just tacky now.
I want one of those disappearing doors. I saw one on a BMW that had a huge scratch on it where it had been fitted badly lol.

olly when i get another job i was thinking of doing suicide or lambo doors, perhaps when i get a job and the money is coming in we can have a chat about it.

i wouldnt use the original hinges mate, if you cant afford the real kit try and find some beefy ones off a van at a scrappy, then its alot of trail and error and chopping youre b post. the b post will also need strengthening aswell as the door where youre putting the hinge.

canny big job for an amateur like, good luck.

olly when i get another job i was thinking of doing suicide or lambo doors, perhaps when i get a job and the money is coming in we can have a chat about it.

Sounds cool, I may put it off for a bit til I've done more reasearch.

Lol no, or I'd end up with no doors at all. Or use household door hinges to bodge it back together.

Gullwing doors seem like the easier option as the latch can stay in the same place.

It was something I was looking into before I decided to go with smooth doors, what put me off them was the increase in weight the extra bracing would cause, the B pillar would need serious strengthening to take the weight of the door and the back edge of the door would need strengthening to stop it flexing on the hinges, the doors themselves are made to hinge at the front so the pressing is strongest there although it is made to be held in two places at the front so the front end of the doors would need strengthening to stop flex there. The kit I was looking at can be found here.. http://www.suicidedoors.com/SuicideHinges.php Cheap enough for the kit, but I couldn't justify the extra weight, good luck if you try it though, it would look really good in my opinion.

Nice link there. I'm still thinking of other possibilities, lambo doors look easiest but are far too common IMO, tho on a micra would be rare....

fit a roll cage..... fit hinges outside (ala old mini) smooth the car, drop it to the deck, paint it cammo green....

=

euro look micra..with suicide doors..lol

i would have split doors..... bottom half going down and top half going up....lol

Back