Sudden loss of power - transmssion?

My 2005 K12 has always run great, but suddenly its lost 50% power. It drives normally, but slowly and with little power, can't get high speeds.

Everything runs as it should, checked the electrics they're fine, no odd engine sounds, no obvious faults.

My mechanic thinks it might be a transmission fault. It works fine, no noises or strange changes - but he thinks something might be damaged in there.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Any advice?

Many thanks

Manual or auto? When the car is driven does the engine rev high despite lack of acceleration/speed or does it just get bogged down and not rev?
If the former then yes transmission, either clutch slip if manual or a problem with the auto transmission or torque converter.
If the latter then it would be an engine control problem and as such should be showing a 'Check Engine' light which can be diagnosed using an OBDII reader.....
If an auto my first port of call would be to check the transmission fluid level and colour......

The k12s suffer with lambda sensor issues, the rear one plays up and interfere's with the front sensor, this can go undetected by the the ecus Dtc logic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Automatic Transmission, the oil level is fine, and looks OK.

No warning lights, odd sounds or anything. The car runs perfectly well, transmission and engine, except there is 50% power.

Change the oil and plugs regularly, never had any problems in 9 years.

One mechanic say the transmission has gone into safety mode, needs to be replaced, it is keeping the car running slowly, another mechanic says this is unlikely as there is no warning light.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

Automatic, tranny fluid correct level and looks fine. One mechanic said it had gone into 'safe mode' so was running slowly, he wanted to replace the tranny as he said it was beyond repair. Another mechanic said this unlikely as there was no warning light. Electrics checked by one mechanic, he said they were fine, no obvious change.

Everything works 100% fine, no lights, noises or anything, gears fine - it just suddenly went to 50% power, drives slowly with no zip.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

I'd still get them sensors looked at, it doesn't sound like transmission failure as the vehicle is still driving and the transmission would bring up a fault.. The sensors don't always being up a code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice

I'll chase this up and see if I can find the fault.

I do like my dear ol' Micra
if the brakelights are flickering while driving and the ecu detects throttle open AND brakes on, it closes the throttlebody (hence the apparent power loss)

Thanks for the info.

I'll check this out

I don't see any threads here for breaklight and limpmode... can you let me know where they are?

Hi guys sorry to jump on a thread im a new member not sure how this all works yet, i just want a reply... :). I GOT A NISSAN MICRA 2008 5 DOOR ACCENTA and the central locking is intermittent!!! the driver door opens when pressed once ONLY all the other doors stay locked including the boot. press it again and the boot unlocks but the passenger door and rear doors stay closed most of the time. unless i go in the car and click the "unlock" button by the handbrake. What could be the issue? is it my key fob? please here for advice. Thank you everyone

SUCCESS!!

It turned out to be the rear lights blown caused LIMP mode. Mechanics told me I definitely needed a new gear box, but it was just a few light bulbs.

Very happy at not having to spend all this money or trash the car.

Thanks for your help here, I could not have done this without you - it is a Christmas miracle.

Back