Subtle mods for the Micra...

Right well starting to get more and more into the whole Micra lifestyle lol so decided to add some nice and subtle mods to the car. Have added the K&N Panel filter today but haven't tested the results yet. Also sorted out some of the problems with the rear light and starting problems.

Now for internal I have got an LED interior light. That's it :D

Any other suggestions, looking into getting an LED gear knob too

Will something like this fit?

Cheers

Ian said:
imo, a big glowing gearknob isnt subtle :E

:D Very true, but i'll keep it switched off ;)

TheDaddy said:
Hi Neds, where abouts are you?

Where did you get your filter from?

From some Ebay guy, good deal:

Here

You want the 33-2060 model number for the Micra.
Came out to be about £33 which was a good deal.

should spray ya dash, heres mine:

attachment.php

is wel easy to do and there are HUNDEREDS of threads so do a search!

Also, no need for an LED gear knob looks tacky, the one you can see in my pic cost like 20 quid, you can buy them with gaitors and surrounds aswel so that is definatly something you should consider instead of buying the LED one. Hope that helps a bit.

neds said:
Nice one Glenn, good job, will look into that. Your gear knob looks cold to the touch! I was looking at some leather ones ooooer o_O

Leather

lol yeah is freezing in the winter! would have prob got a leather one if i was to get another one, would look better with a black gaitor aswel.

metal gearnobs are cold in winter but in summer, if u have sun shinning on them allday, they can be mad hot and you will change gear quicker then every before

Big_ben said:
a whole thread for a gear nob, imagne when it comes to bigger things....

Mine is bigger than yours ;)

Well cheers for that, think i will get a leather one.

Also I was looking at changing the steering wheel too. Now had a little search and see that steering wheels from other cars will be a direct replacement.
Now i hear the 200sx will fit? Also will Nissan Primera's fit OK too? Are there any other cars that will fit straight on?

Cheers

Will a newer model Micra steering wheel fit my 94' model? The one is question will be coming out of an T Reg one. Do these have air bags? are these difficult to fit on? Also will the horn connectors be the same or needng re-wiring?

Cheers

Goodness sake, why is it people think adding a flashing gear nobb and colour wash jets ect make your car kool!!, it doesent, it just looks cheap and nasty, it gets your car featured on BB's, and you just look stupid...

No offence to anyone who does add 5 quid objects to their car, but it just looks nasty!

nothing wrong with a bit of accessorising. Everyone does it, wether to their car or their personal appearance. Even manufacturers do it to try and appeal a car to a younger generation.

I wouldnt mind getting some alloy pedals and gear knob for the GT when i buy it, just to make it feel more personalised for myself.

yep the 160sr comes with gearrnob and pedals in alloy...saved me a few quid

also white dials,,and i was thinking of making them black,just because they are standard! if they was black ide want white ones :s

Yeah, well IMO its a waste of money...put it towards a real mod...like alloys, splitters or spoiler for example.... Flashy lights and rubbish just make it look like a cracker toy...

Been offered £30 for a 100NX steering wheel. Good deal?

Been to the scrapper the other day but not much choice there, may go again and see if i can spot another nice Nissan where i can pinch the steering wheel from.

D4R73N said:
Yeah, well IMO its a waste of money...put it towards a real mod...like alloys, splitters or spoiler for example.... Flashy lights and rubbish just make it look like a cracker toy...

can say the same other way. Alloys splitters and spoilers make your car look like a matchbox toy, why not spend it on a real mod..... like cams, flywheels, superchargers, turbos

Each to their own

Alienfish360 said:
can say the same other way. Alloys splitters and spoilers make your car look like a matchbox toy, why not spend it on a real mod..... like cams, flywheels, superchargers, turbos

Each to their own

and even then you cold say...save it and buy a fast car as standard!

you can go on forever,people have different views on everything

D4R73N said:
and you just look stupid...

And you sound stupid

no offence but if people want to put flashy lights and flashing gearnobs on there car let them, if they think its cool let them, some people think its cool and some dont

everyone to there own

hughes_16v said:
And you sound stupid

no offence but if people want to put flashy lights and flashing gearnobs on there car let them, if they think its cool let them, some people think its cool and some dont

everyone to there own

Exactly, some people THINK its cool....

Case closed, if they want to add stuff to there car, who am I to stop them!? its just to me i'd rather keep the car its original value.

sorry, but I'm really lost here...... It was you who started it with your comments about big lights being tacky, now you've totally 180'd on your argument, making it appear as if it's something you've said all along.

with
Goodness sake, why is it people think adding a flashing gear nobb and colour wash jets ect make your car kool!!, it doesent, it just looks cheap and nasty, it gets your car featured on BB's, and you just look stupid...

No offence to anyone who does add 5 quid objects to their car, but it just looks nasty!

and

Glenn said:
should spray ya dash, heres mine:

attachment.php

is wel easy to do and there are HUNDEREDS of threads so do a search!

Also, no need for an LED gear knob looks tacky, the one you can see in my pic cost like 20 quid, you can buy them with gaitors and surrounds aswel so that is definatly something you should consider instead of buying the LED one. Hope that helps a bit.

yeah i have the chromed kit thats identical to yours but shiny. And i can tell you its soo cold in the winter. Not looking foward to summer either though...

hughes_16v said:
100nx steering wheels fit and look pretty cool as, here is pic of mine

new29.jpg

Just wanted to say I really like what you've done to your dash hughes. I like the look of the 100NX wheel too *getting ideas*.....:glance:

Back