Strut Brace?

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
How much difference do these actually make to the heandling...or for them to be effective do you need better shocks and ARB's ?

Cheers

Frank ~ strike one up for disagree...

i fitted an OMP adjustable brace awhile ago and was dissapointed initally, but after tightening it up about a 3/4 turn i noticed it cornered marginally better..
maybe it was placebo effect, or maybe drawing the strut-towers in affected the geometry, possibly puttin a smidging of negative camber on, who knows....

RK

fair play :grinning: , i just can,t see how the turrets can be able to flex enough to affect the handling (the rubber wishbone mounts, maybe, yeh)
and yes, my little bit of negative camber has made a big difference to the understeer

I know this is a promotional video, but this gives a run down of the effects :)

Strut Brace Video

might help GuyH08 decide :)

...personally id say they also make a difference and i'd decided that before seeing the above video :laugh:

I know this is a promotional video, but this gives a run down of the effects :)

Strut Brace Video

might help GuyH08 decide :)

...personally id say they also make a difference and i'd decided that before seeing the above video :laugh:

Cheers...even if they dont work..they still look good :p lol

But they must have some effect otherwise no one would bother with them

^ On the track, they're meant to make the car more responsive (Less body flex across the car if it's all joined up together) but on the road, I'd say you'd be better for with changing the wheel alignment, anti roll bars, and lowering it a bit.

I personnlly think they do make a differents but ive only had one when the car has been lowered, if its not lowered not too sure about how diffrent it would make

chris lad you have all the videos you like for any request lol will have to get some off you and they make a differance as i had one before i had my car lowered and the chassis off the car felt stiffer on turning

As capnmchl said i would have thought it would make a difference due to the car body being more rigid, less flex meaning more responsive handling, you could go the route of changing the steering geometry, changing the cambers would give the better feel to steering, but then you run the risk of chewing through your tyres every few months cos theyre being scrubbed on the edges, suppose maybe the best thing would be to ask someone who has them or a tuning shop as to what benefits you would get out of it, i wanted to get one just to make my engine bay look better!

chris lad you have all the videos you like for any request lol

:laugh: i just spend too much time on the net, trawling for stuff thats all. :D

theres a difference with a factory stock car, with just one fitted...but it makes even more of a improvement when combined with other suspension upgardes...so id say its probs a good starting point...or if just for looks the most noticable :D

I personnlly think they do make a differents but ive only had one when the car has been lowered, if its not lowered not too sure about how diffrent it would make

It would probably make it worse. Micra's are roly poly enough as they are, if you're making the body one piece, as a bracing strut attempts to, then that roll will be transfered to the other side, defying the anti roll bar.

But with lowering it, you get rid of a lot of that body roll, so it'll work better.

Or that's what the physics look like in my head. It's probably wrong.

Don't take my word for it, I have next to no experience.

But like, looking at the physics in my head, it seems a bracing strut would make a stock micra worse.

Back