Strut Brace picture required

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Hi Peeps

anyone with a strut brace can they please post a picture, or if anyone has pictures of my old one can they post them please? my mate is making my front and rear ones and i need pictures for him to help explain what i need

thanks
Mat

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Strut_red.jpg

Arnold comes to your rescue AGAIN :p

You know im interested in a rear one mate and a straight one isnt suitable having that sub box there... Money waiting and all that. Get in touch

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
should have plenty to get youa rear one cheif :) going to see my mate tonight about it :D

you got any pictures of diierent ones?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Not at work mate

Ideally when you sort my suspension out, we can look into dimensons etc for the rear one, or i could try bodging a diagram and emailing it over? whats your preference

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
the rear one is very simple chap im not worried about that (well for me anyway), for max strengh we need to weld it in place. but yes if you get me mesurements etc ill see what can be done for you

thank you please

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Right, i've got two images. No exact measurements as yet but this could be trickier than i first thought.

10.subbox_left.jpg

There is no room either side of the box, so the brace will have to come straight out and across, as shown in the image below

1.subbox2.JPG

I know ideally a straight bar would be best, but, not all strut bars are straight. Would this one work effectivly or would the bend in the bar be too great to make any difference

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hmm, would prefer not! im still tempted to get one and if it doesnt work, it doesnt work! Depends on cost you see

Not too keen on welding it on either! You know often my springs are coming off these days!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
fool the bar is supposed to be welded to the car not he suspension itself!! how would you get it it off? lol

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Lol, i'd assumed it connects to the metal bit that comes up but im now guessing its the circular area around it its welded to?

Tart :p

O

ohc_turbo

someone need to go into paint and draw another line lol where they think the bar should go, i have seen on other cars a simple bar joining the two together from the side but i can see it flexing much from there to be honest, needs really to be the same kinda design as youre front one to have max effect

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
here how it will be fitted, very simple straight bar ;)

obvisouly ill remove the plastic bits to fit it and weld it onto the car much rather do that than drill holes

Attachments

• 23102005(009) (Small).jpg
    23102005(009) (Small).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 277

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yeah i thought it'd look like that ;)

God knows how id get one of those in my boot tho! Might just abandon the idea

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
There is no roll on my K10!! just rubbing of tyres grr

but yeah, we'l get an arb (remember what that means yeah? :p) one day

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Do i need to buy those figaro things then, and, what are we gonna do about that noisy suspension issue! Fancy a day out down bridges? im off friday... you around?

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
handy i got friday off too mate ;) i cant get to bridges due to cash though but i do have to go to the scrappies for a friend of a friend to help him get his car fixed if your up for it we can sort your suspension whilst we are there ;) gimme a bell chap

although saying that my expenses get paid friday so maybe i can..... call me punk

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Sounds pretty good mate, hope you can photoshop that scratch on my door out!! lol