Strut brace clearance on a K11 with power steering

Hi all, just got a 1300 K11 & I'm considering a few mods - one of which is to fit a front upper strut brace. However one of the power steering unions (that's what it looks like to me) is very close to the strut tower & looks as if it might get in the way of a strut brace. Has anyone fitted a strut brace to a K11 with PAS - if so any chance of a pic & which strut brace did you use i.e. OMP, White Power etc??

Have done a search & some say a strut brace will fit a K11 with PAS & others say it won't :confused:

Many thanks :)

I think that the whiteline one clears it, although OMP definaltey will not - could you take some measurements out of interest?
Cheers Craig

Yeah i've seen OMP's fitted along with Whiteline, but King Dragon definitly won't fit.

i had a whiteline and you need to undo one of the bolts to fit it.(no the power st)
i know you cant see it but i thought it mite be use full to see.

Attachments

• DSCF0087.JPG
    DSCF0087.JPG
    959.5 KB · Views: 433
As I said in my initial post there seems to be some confusion as to whether the OMP/Whiteline strut braces will fit. I've emailed the seller of an OMP brace (on eBay) & asked if he knows - I obviously don't want to buy one if it's not going to fit!

Anyway here's a picture of the offending union - I'm 99% certain that it's for the power steering but I could be wrong. It might also be possible to resite it an inch or so lower down the strut tower - space is tight though so I'm not sure.

Any help you may be able to give me would be appreciated :)

Strutclearance01.jpg

strutclearance02.jpg

best bet is to get a whiteline one as they are a confirmed fit- my omp didnt fit over without compromising the pas. but fraz says his did.

Any pictures of your king dragon fitted kristian? because Ems one didn't go over the PAS thing pictured above. Nis told us you can loosen it up and rotate it but she got a whiteline instead.

Also we emailed the ebay seller too and he said to us, if it doesn't fit we could simply send it back.

the whiteline does fit. but you will have to lose the nut on the powersteering and spin it around. as for other strut bars i have only ever had a sparco one and can tell that without drilling additonal holes in it. it won't fit.

Just as further confirmation, I have an OMP strut brace and it's fitted to my micra WITH PAS.

It's a facelift if thats likely to make any difference..

Just as further confirmation, I have an OMP strut brace and it's fitted to my micra WITH PAS.

It's a facelift if thats likely to make any difference..

Any chance of a picture Robert - I dont want to spend £90 on the Whiteline brace whn the OMP costs roughly half that!

My car's the facelift also (1998 "S" reg) with the twin chrome plated "nostrils" in the bonnet.

Any chance of a picture Robert - I dont want to spend £90 on the Whiteline brace whn the OMP costs roughly half that!

My car's the facelift also (1998 "S" reg) with the twin chrome plated "nostrils" in the bonnet.

here's a couple of pics of my omp brace (i painted it black btw), my micra is the same shape as yours.
it fitted ok first, but it was touching the pas pressure relief valve, so i slightly bent the bracket of the pas valve. now it sits like this.

Attachments

• 10092007255.jpg
    10092007255.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 10092007252.jpg
    10092007252.jpg
    672.2 KB · Views: 307
here's a couple of pics of my omp brace (i painted it black btw), my micra is the same shape as yours.
it fitted ok first, but it was touching the pas pressure relief valve, so i slightly bent the bracket of the pas valve. now it sits like this.

Thanks for that Swiper - have just ordered an OMP one from eBay so will let you all know how I get on fitting it. Let the modding commence :D !!!

I got an OMP strut brace yesterday. I've now fitted it to my car & can report that I had no problems fitting it to my power steering Micra. One of the power steering unions (by the drivers side strut tower) does end up very close to the brace but that's easily remedied by bending the bracket the union's attached to slightly to give a bit more clearance.

It's still pretty close though & the bracket may still need a bit of fettling. I'll keep an eye on it & look for any marks/scratches to the paint on the brace & report back. Fitting was very easy & only took 5/10 minutes tops - it's got to be one of the simplest & quickest chassis modifications possible (no idea if I'll notice any difference on an otherwise standard car though!).

BTW I sprayed the brace satin black as it looks much better to me than lairy in your face red!! :)

Strutbrace01.jpg

Strutbrace02.jpg

Does look good in black!!!

i wonder if my Nismo strut brace was designed for power steering models?
may take some photos.....or fit it to my girlfriends facelift GX :grinning: lol

Thicko question again

To All,

what does the strut brace actually do? fwn

To Pollymog,

have you got a steering wheel yet? and fitted?:glance:

Cheers

Cheers Napster, something else for me to read up on.

Turbo's was very interesting to read, I got confused when I was playing Ridge Racer V the other month when I saw the turbos coming out of the exhaust it lost me but I have been corrected.

To All,
what does the strut brace actually do? fwn

To Pollymog,
have you got a steering wheel yet? and fitted?:glance:

I've already got a Momo steering wheel as it came from my old car which didn't have an airbag - hence no problems/headaches fitting it! I need to find out if I can fit a different non-airbag wheel to my car without invalidating my insurance/bumping up the premium by huge amounts or creating big problems for myself come the next MOT :(!! I also need a boss kit the cheapest of which is approx £40 which is quite a lot to pay in my humble opinion! Really though it's the airbag that's giving the most grief - if the car didn't have an airbag then I'd have fitted the Momo already.

First drive home with the strutbrace tonight & I think it does make a difference - the car feels more solid & secure through the bends. Maybe I'm just imagining it ...... who knows? I'm glad I've fitted it though :)

Forgot to ask pjg1979 - was it you who was taking his test this week? If so have you taken it yet & did you pass??
Best of luck if you've still to take it :)

Back