Struggling with car help please

I have recently bought a Nissan micra 2004 Se 1.2 And when got it back, overnight the battery has somehow gone flat I checked to see if any lights or anything were left on and there wasnt all was fine, charged battery up and put it back on and now the car won’t start, but can turn and put the key in and dashboard lights come on but won’t kick the engine in to start what do I do ? Thanks
Ps) it’s a keyless push button start up For ignition. But have two key fobs for it.

I would still be looking at the battery as the problem. They do sometimes 'die' very quickly so its posible it now has enough power after charging to put the dashboard lights on but not enough to turn the starter. Try getting a jump start, or get someone to take you and the battery to a local Halfords or similar and ask them to check it.
Otherwise, does you model have a dashboard light to show it has recognised the key and what is it showing?
BTW in our 2006 model (with keyless go) there is a key inside the fob - you need to slide the end cap off to see it.
Good luck
Joe

Last edited:
I would still be looking at the battery as the problem. They do sometimes 'die' very quickly so its posible it now has enough power after charging to put the dashboard lights on but not enough to turn the starter. Try getting a jump start, or get someone to take you and the battery to a local Halfords or similar and ask them to check it.
Otherwise, does you model have a dashboard light to show it has recognised the key and what is it showing?
BTW in our 2006 model (with keyless go) there is a key inside the fob - you need to slide the end cap off to see it.
Good luck
Joe
Hi Duckman, we tried it a few times yesterday nothing, just came back and tried it again and put some cables to the battery and hey presto the car started and was running perfectly fine. Ps: Yeah there‘s a dashboard light that is a shape of a car with a key symbol on it and that shows now and again. And yeah i seen about the key fob. So going to keep an eye on the car and keep running it for next few days make sure. Thanks

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Worth the peace of mind changing the fob battery but if the car battery is low voltage it can strange electrical problems. so I would still get it checked. Also clean the battery terminals and the junction block on the positive terminal, and while you are there do any earth connections you can see.

BTW our K12 battery was going flat because a CD was jammed in the headunit which kept the unit permanently powered on.
Joe

No not changed anything literally just noticed the battery was flat and took it out and recharged it and put it back in and now the car wont start at all. And I’m located near liverpool.

You changed the eps recently? Where you located?
Hi huttojb & other members,
Google has brought me here, hopefully I can ask a few simple questions.
EPS fail on an 05 K12, a used unit was located & fitted, no problem. Couple of months later & a flat battery & we have red immobiliser, no cranking & P1611 code. What is my best way forward as the car is too nice to scrap, I am in Devon?!
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Mark

No not changed anything literally just noticed the battery was flat and took it out and recharged it and put it back in and now the car wont start at all. And I’m located near liverpool.

You changed the eps recently? Where you located?
Hi huttojb & other members,
Google has brought me here, hopefully I can ask a few simple questions.
EPS fail on an 05 K12, a used unit was located & fitted, no problem. Couple of months later & a flat battery & we have red immobiliser, no cranking & P1611 code. What is my best way forward as the car is too nice to scrap, I am in Devon?!
Thanks in advance for any advice.

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
Up to you. Happy to help but no guarantees but it does sound like the issues I’ve help with before. Done this loads of times for a local Nissan garage and other people.

I think more cost effective to send the motor up via a courier, its obviously not the original part will that make a difference?
Please let me know where to send it & I've a tame mechanic who'll get it off for me.
If there's any easier way to communicate I'm on 07974 382416
Mark

Hi huttjob and others.
I’ve just changed the eps unit on my mums k12 Micra. I bought a “reconditioned unit” from eBay and the guy guaranteed it was a plug and play unit. It’s all gone back together ok, lights etc work but I now have the red flashing car/key symbol. Neither the ignition or car will start. I’m based in Gloucestershire

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
They are not plug and play, I would ask for your money back to be honest. You have a NATs issue as the BCM can not recognise the EPS.