Stretch?!

Question, how does the car act with the stretched tyres? I was thinking they would understeer pretty bad? Wheel spin alot? Have a hard ride and be #### with potholes?

Anyone with experience or input?

Pepper

it would understeer and wheelspin if you went for a narrower than stock width, but usually the rim gets wider but the tire stops the same so just the same really,

i,ve tried all sorts on mine, and it makes no difference (its the same tread footprint eh) you probably get less sidewall flex when they,re stretched tho

I ask cause I'd usually fit 195/45/15 on a 6.5-7J wide wheel but if I had stretch I could expect some under steer and more wheel spin VS the 195s?

Deciding what I should do when I do have a turbo fitted is all!

Pepper

I've recently gone the other way, 165/55 on a 7", up to (or is that down to?) 165/55 on a 5", which feels less sure footed, I'm sure I can feel the side walls flexing and loading up. But I'm probably imagining it.

It makes a big difference to side wall flex for sure.

You shouldn't compromise on grip for a performance application though. Waste of money getting turbo power if you can't use it :) use tyres that are adequate and if your desperate for stretch, just get wider rimmage :D

Think I'm gonna get 15 x 7J mini lite style looking rims with 185/45/15 tyres! It will only have a max of 120bhp at the fly!

Pepper

Back