strange noise??

hi there, this has stumped me, ok, when driving my car i have like a "rumbling" sound constant the whole time it's driving. It is on the passenger side underneath where ur feet would be...and it's not exactly quiet either!!
any ideas? any thoughts appreciated
xXx

Noisey here too

I have the exact same sound (maybe not exactly the same but fom same place) I had recently changed my front passenger wheel because of uneven wear, looking in my haynes manual it says it might be the tracking. I then went to a local garage and they said they'll do tracking for about 15 to 20 quid.

Check you passenger side tyre.

How long have you had the Micra?

xclare75x

possibly nsf wheel bearing?
try rocking the top of the wheel or jack it up and spin the wheel whilst holding the suspension leg

frank

i have had the micra a week today, we thought it cud be the bearings, so a HUGE thankyou for all the advice and shall take a look tomorrow, will keep u posted

more problems too follow i'm sure lol
XxX
fwn

oops sorry Fordy was meant too reply about the clutch, no the sound doesn't go
xXx

Definately the bearing. I just fixed this exact problem on my girlfriends micra yesterday!

not a hard job, just a load of tight nuts and the need for a ball joint splitter. I bought a new hub carrier assemble from a scrappy for £35.

took about three hours work.

Back