Strange noise from clutch...

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum as I needed some help with an issue I have with my little micra.
When the car is in neutral and I depress the clutch to put it in gear the car makes a real strange noise... Sounds kinda like a duck under my car :/. When the clutch is released the noise stops and all gears work as normal no noises or clunks etc.
Bite point is higher than when I bought the car but no dragging or slipping when setting off or driving.
I hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated!
My micra is only a 1.0e 2003 plate xx

My dad thinks that it's the clutch release bearing, as the noise only happens when you depress the cluch (which is when the bearing is under pressure)

....apparently ;)

My dad thinks that it's the clutch release bearing, as the noise only happens when you depress the cluch (which is when the bearing is under pressure)

....apparently ;)

Tell your dad many thanks, I figure I'll take it to the garage and whilst they have it all apart I'll just get a new clutch and bearing :)
Thanks again x

You're welcome
I dunno if you'll need a whole new cluch? :p
Just the bearing, unless there's something else going on with it ;)

Hi ive got a similar sound mines like a knock and when I push the clutch in it goes gear selection is fine I think its the csc mines an 08 k12.

Back