Stone chip on bonnet

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
:-(

Ive never had a chip on the bonnet before... and I dont know how it got there... but its dead centre and as the car is grey the colour is noticable... the colour of the chip... what can I do to fix this? Im paranoid rust could take over as its about 1mm by 2 mm..

i hav a big chip in mine

i got that air fix paint humbrol enamel and puit it on it was a dead match for my red car. T then got soe lacker of my friend that stopd wter from getting in

I #### fix but mine looks as new just if you wanting to make it less noticable

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
just ge a touch up pen/brush from nissan or halfords etc. you can get an exact match for the colour of your car using the paint code on the vin plate under the bonnet

i found the pens were alot more expensive tha paint only cost me 89p and in my opinion looks good friends have said they cannot find the chip easily without me directing them to it

OP
OP
Gurpreet

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
On closer inspection I found two more chips... but one is quite deep and down to the metal... I've decided to respray the whole bonnet. Lacquer and paint are setting me back £80. Filling won't be any good its too deep and will be quite noticable.

Tried another technique off the net... fill with paint then superglue on top and then cover with foil and heat with hair dryer... not good enough for me.

Bumpers I can live with... thats plastic and won't rust but I know I have to move fast as it rained last night!

Cheers guys