Stock stereo "SECURE"

S

S987 DGR

Hi everyone i hope you can help...............................problem is ..............
was driving from Cambridge to Cardiff and i stopped for refreshment at the services when i got back in the car the stereo wouldn't work all it did was display "SECURE".It was damn annoying half way through my journey.Can anyone help me ...................please.

stereo still secure

Its a micra k11 i think anyway a '99 model 1.3 gx .Yeh tried that was the first thing i tried but still no different still displays "secure". The car is fitted with a NATS system and i just wonder wether this includes the stereo and if there is a way to disable this feature. Checked the connections and there is an earth, 12v permanent live, 12v switched live, and something supplying 5v just wonder wether its a case of just snipping this 5v live..................

Don't mess around with NATS! You'll end up with a very expensive, very heavy paperweight of a car if you do!

The stereo is nothing to do with NATS, it has its own code stored in there that you have to enter when this happens. If you still have your cars handbooks it should be in there somewhere, if not - a Nissan dealer could probably sort you out there, but buying a cheap headunit off ebay is probably cheaper than that!

yes there are connected to nats james and they also have their own code

a radio doesnt normally just go secure unless someone has entered the code in wrong more than 3 times so i dont think we are getting the full story

you can try leaveing the ignition on over night to see if that makes the radio go back to code in

secure

I stopped for refreshment restarted the car and the stereo said "secure".Nothing to do with entering the code wrongly 3 times cos all it has ever done is display "secure" so i haven't been able to enter the code.Disconnected the battery still "secure".I am totally confused as i aint done anything to it to make it balls up ...................full story i know when i done something stooopid.Have heard a rumour since that the NATS system and the stereo are linked and matched ie the ecu interrogates the identity of the stereo and if its been changed you can have problems and since i have only had car a few months have started having concerns about previous keepers.

you didnt start the car with a different key did you when you went back to the car?

james its done to stop radio theft as some units are over £500 like a 350z thats well over £500 maybe close to 1k if its a bose system

also on some models you can have 2 different sets of radio stations for each key like you have radio 1 set as no.1 on the first key and on the second key you can have radio 2 as no.1

same key

Started it with the same key and unlocked with the same fob.I just wondering wether something else is wrong..............i mean i had done some miles would the heat of the unit cause it ???

Back