Stiff gear stick when moved left and right?

Hi

Since I've owned my car I knew the spring to keep the gear stick centered in neutral is broken. I've taken the spring off completely now.

The problem is that the gear stick feels abnormally stiff to move left and right when in neutral.

Any one know why that could be?

I haven't bothered replacing the spring because that'll probably make it harder haha.

OP
OP
Zazee
Oh okay cheers I'll have a look. I'll ask my brother for some help with it. You remember SuluR don't you Polly?

OP
OP
Zazee
I certainly do Zazee brave man! Still cant look at his paint rejuvenation thread haha!
Haha yeah that was crazy! Although I may be trying it to some parts of my car in the future ;).

Quick question for you, pro, you know the square jap number plate you have for the rear, is that legal? Because I know there are some weird laws with the size of the plate but see many people have them. You haven't been stopped have ya?

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Haha yeah that was crazy! Although I may be trying it to some parts of my car in the future ;).

Quick question for you, pro, you know the square jap number plate you have for the rear, is that legal? Because I know there are some weird laws with the size of the plate but see many people have them. You haven't been stopped have ya?
12x6 is technically not legal but I have never been stopped for having it I think it's because it's in a proper surround tho bud... I always run a legal size on the front :)

OP
OP
Zazee
Yup I do remember the long night we tried to fit a spare engine n change the hg.
Haha yeah! You stayed over! I was that little kid trying to understand what was going on at the time lol. I'm the only one with a micra in the family now! Haha. Shame I couldn't keep Sulurs black sr. :(

pollyp

Club Member
Haha yeah! You stayed over! I was that little kid trying to understand what was going on at the time lol. I'm the only one with a micra in the family now! Haha. Shame I couldn't keep Sulurs black sr. :(

twas alot to take in for one day eh :D
what happened to the sr?