stickerbombing - what are you guys using?

So, I've seen a few people sticker bombing on here, and the general car scene, and was wondering what you guys were using, in terms on books of individual stickers or the premade 'stickerbomb sheet' vinyls

Just asking because im thinking of sticker bombing my snowboard, and was wondering how durable the vinyl sheets were as if it starts to peel it'll take the whole lot off, whereas individual ones might be better suited

Im also contemplating clear laquareing over the top to protect it

Any thoughts? :)

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stickerbomb-Studio-Rarekwai/dp/1856695670

I've got this book. I used it on my Fiestas dash and it's pretty good. Only issue is that the stickers are pretty thick and they have white outlines, so you need to cut them and get the hairdrier on them for a good effect.

I went over them with a clear coat of lacquer and it was pretty tidy. Not the best finish but it's cheap and cheerful!

If you go here: http://www.touge.co.uk/stickerbomb-wraps--packs-98-c.asp Touge Automotive sell various raps and also packs of stickers which are better suited to sticker bombing, they're thinner and easier to work with and they dont have big white outlines.

That's probably the better choice but it's also much more expensive.

OP
OP
Elonexx
There's similar on eBay, like the energy drink ones, A4 vinyl sheets
Might just try these, and then clear coat

Asking as it lasts for a week I'll be happy, doesn't have to be perfect :)
Cheers for the help harlen!

OP
OP
Elonexx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stickerbomb-Studio-Rarekwai/dp/1856695670

I've got this book. I used it on my Fiestas dash and it's pretty good. Only issue is that the stickers are pretty thick and they have white outlines, so you need to cut them and get the hairdrier on them for a good effect.

I went over them with a clear coat of lacquer and it was pretty tidy. Not the best finish but it's cheap and cheerful!

If you go here: http://www.touge.co.uk/stickerbomb-wraps--packs-98-c.asp Touge Automotive sell various raps and also packs of stickers which are better suited to sticker bombing, they're thinner and easier to work with and they dont have big white outlines.

That's probably the better choice but it's also much more expensive.

Have you got any pics harlen? I dont know which method to pick :(

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Have you got any pics harlen? I dont know which method to pick :(
Crappy quality but you get the idea. Overall it looked pretty tight, I don't reckon you'll have any trouble on your snowboard either as it's a nice flat surface

DZGKbHO.jpg

OP
OP
Elonexx
That's great thanks :)

Yeah should be easy to do, its just durability im worried about, but a few coats of laquare should be okay

I've always just got as many skate stickers as i could when i used to bomb my skate deck. When I've seen sticker bomber snowboards though they've always just been a jumbled mess of company stickers. Usually they were always peeling off and tatty in places but I think that adds to the effect. If I was going to bomb my board though I'd get some vinyl and then some laquer that they use to top coat the board, then you defo know that it'll stay protected, and manage to withstand the rigors of the cold.

You'll be alright man, even if they do they'll get shredded(mind the pun) to pieces in no time anyway.

Either that or go to a freestyle night at your local dry/indoor slope and see what all the cool kids are doing. :p

Indeed man. It's all about the RAW look, baggy pants, silly looking goggles and a ghetto stickered up board. Oh and some douchebag headphones wouldn't go a miss either.

Red checked DC coat sounds lovely like. Wish I could go snowboarding sometime this year, all my fun funds will be going into the brum though.

I used to play Ice hockey so skiing seemed a bit boring, after my first week on skis I came third in a local downhill comp. As such I started snowboarding because I skateboarded, and I've got to say its THE BEST THING EVAR! Nothing like tweaking a bs 360 melon off a wee slope kicker.

If you ever go to the ski slope in castleford, you should try and straight line it from top to bottom. Gets a bit scary half way down but at the end of the day snowboarding is about pushing yourself.

OP
OP
Elonexx
i looked into starting ice hockey year before last

yeah i can't do that yet :p
i've done a week, picked it up quick and was running reds by the end without problems, going back in december :)

Nice one man! Get down to your local slopes and get practicing. Once you're comfortable on a dry slope you'll so much more confident on snow. PS wear a helmet too, I fancy planted sooooooooo badly once when I was trying to BS shifty a gap. Got my pop wrong ended up almost upside down failing towards my face. My nose took a beating but my head was alright. Haha

OP
OP
Elonexx
i think i'd be less confident on a dry slope XD
i've only ever been on proper snow, I was out in france the week before christmas, had a mix of all snow really :)

Yeah, i took a helmet, glad i did, i blacked out for a few seconds on a slope as it was icy, i felt my board slip on toe edge and over compensated, so the snow caught me heel edge and that was me on my back and head on the ice :eek:

i'll have to start popping and giving 180's a go :)

That's the point haha

Get on the dry slopes till your confident, it's a good and a bad thing. Good because its easy to practice on but bad if you fall. Which is a way is a good thing as it makes you concentrate on your edges. Helps you to know how to stop yourself from catching an edge on snow.

OP
OP
Elonexx
Yeah, my Girlfriend and her family go up a couple times a year to the cairngorms

I might get up sometime if i have a week off work :)

Do itttttt!!! It's a strange feeling boarding in Scotland, snow feels different and the scenery is gorgeous! Make sure you use a "high" temp wax for your board. I used a -10 to -20 wax and it didn't really make much difference. Then tried a 0 to -10c and the speed difference was fantastic compared.

It's a good thing when it is TBF. Means that it's colder and the snow doesn't melt as fast.

If I get some money together I might try and go sometime this year too.

OP
OP
Elonexx
yeah, i'm trying to save but it's not going well :')
i've got my girls dad's old boots, but they're a 10 and i could probably do with an 11, they'll probably do me for a week but i can't help looking on ebay XD

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Is that a 'tec s Harlen?

Yeah mate MK5 Zetec S in black, bronzed wheels, lowered, stock wheels spaced out and on low profile tyres... Was the muts nuts, so much usable power. Only reason I got rid was that it felt like sacrilege ripping it apart to turn into a track car, and aftermarket parts are insanely expensive (cheapest stainless steel exhaust system was £700.... without a manifold!).

700!?! Ow. Every time i see a 'tec S on the road it's always being driven by someone who thinks they're in a funeral precession.

They're ridic fast too, I don't get people sometimes.

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
700!?! Ow. Every time i see a 'tec S on the road it's always being driven by someone who thinks they're in a funeral precession.

They're ridic fast too, I don't get people sometimes.

I feel you Shamalam, it's either boy racers or old people who probably don't realise what they've got :p They're 1600s, 102hp. I had a pre-94 MX5 before the Fiesta with 114hp and I'd say the Fiesta felt more powerful due to how grunty they are. Micras/MX5s love being ragged all the way to the top end. The ZS has got a ton of low down power which is always waiting to come to life.

I prefer my kitted out Micra but I do miss all the power!

(Sorry for the ot :p )

OP
OP
Elonexx
Indeed man. It's all about the RAW look, baggy pants, silly looking goggles and a ghetto stickered up board. Oh and some douchebag headphones wouldn't go a miss either.

This was a rental board, but add in a stickerbombed board, is that boarder enough? XD
545530_10151158390055069_187527801_n.jpg

I'd say so like. :) ill get a pic of my helmet I stickered when i was about 14 haha

If I was going to sticker bomb my car it'd probably get done with old school skate stickers. My mate has about 3shoeboxes full of about 8year old classic stickers.
Might see If he will part with them, he doesn't skate anymore so I dunno if he'll care that much.