• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Steves 1984 K10 1.0 GL

Hi all, recently bought a green k10 whilst my nova is off the road. Immaculate condition inside and out with 24,350 miles on the clock when I picked it up!

Heres a few pics of my nova

When I first bought it:
27,800 miles on the clock

beigebeist2.jpg

beigebeist5.jpg

Got an early sr interior for it:

25-07-08_1541.jpg

And had a 2.0 8v lump fitted:

05-11-08_1238.jpg

09-04-08_1441.jpg

Anyway heres the micra:

04-02-09_1428.jpg

04-02-09_1429.jpg

04-02-09_1427.jpg

04-02-09_1430.jpg

04-02-09_1431.jpg

04-02-09_1432.jpg

04-02-09_1433.jpg

04-02-09_1434.jpg

04-02-09_1435.jpg

04-02-09_1436.jpg

04-02-09_1437.jpg

04-02-09_1438.jpg

04-02-09_1439.jpg

Seems to be the same as the novas, they didnt have a grab handle boot until 1987 as mine was one of the last early ones. Personally I prefer the early models, can't stand grey interiors! lol

Nah the novas mint chassis wise but it does need a bit of bodywork.

The micra on the other hand is pretty much spotless, can't fault the bodywork

Blistering Nova and Micra Mate!!

Cheers for sharing:))

Where ON EARTH do you manage to FIND these of that age and CONDITION.....

Please share your secret with us...

where are you based?

Rich

Really? didnt it sell then? The guy I got it from only had it a few months and got it off a lady that had it from new.

*Sammohung* just lucky I guess! the nova was on ebay but bought it out of auction for £250 and the micra popped up locally on gumtree.

Thinking of getting some bigger wheels for it but not sure what to get, ideally something cheap and alot wider than the 145s that are on there now! lol What width tyres do the almeras have? Would like something like a 175 or 185 tyre.

Thought i'd update this, ive posted in the wanted section anyway, but if anyone local to kent has some cheap wheels with decent tyres give me a shout. Not bothered about condition of wheels just want some good tread.

Well the micra is back on the road as of tomorrow. Haven't driven it for a couple of months as I bought a blue nova as a runabout whilst my yellow nova gets some tlc. Sadly thats taking longer than I thought so ive sold my blue nova and the little micra gets taxed tomorrow. Gonna be a weird step as the blue nova was lowered, polybushed, 2.0 16v brakes and a full gsi interior.. now i'm back to a bog standard car! lol :laugh:

I'll try and update with some pics tomorrow, I needed some new tyres as after looking at the tyres which were on there im guessing they were the 24 year old originals! Completely perished and not very legal tred, not sure how it got through its mot lol.

Was looking through the for sale section on performance nova group and a guy local to me had a set of 155/80/13 nova steelies. Set of four with near enough new tyres, price? £10 lol Well chuffed!!

Still thinking of getting it lowered as it just doesnt do corners but we'll see.

Lovely cars mate!

There's a guy I know that has about 3 novas!
His red one is immaculate!
Comes to a lot of our meets! You should have a chat with him! :)

Well nothing much to update but had the car over a year now and up to 38,000 miles without any problems! It had a wheel bearing before christmas and sailed through its MOT with no advisories, all the guys at the MOT station where amazed at how clean it is underneath, like new! But I can't live with the suspension anymore!! so im going to get it lowered, ive put an ad up but if anyone has a fairly cheap lowering kit please pm me.

Just a few old pics i'd stick up, got a cheap set of corsa wheels and re-furbed them at college, thinking of going for 14s though as these don't fill the arches enough. Then maybe drop it extra low!!

Unfortunately the cambelt went recently so she's she stuck on the drive looking rather sad, just getting the last of the parts together to rebuild the head and then she'll be back!

Ve2lJ.jpg

XY2qK.jpg

Something like this would be ideal ;)

nk2ka.jpg

You know what dude, i'd put the money and effort into the nova and leave the k10 stock. It's museum worthy in that condition, keep it as a practical daily driver. If you have too many nice cars and no dailys it's harder to relax when your out and about. Well it is for me anyway, always concerned about damaging the body kit or the alloys you know, and you don't have to worry about that stuff with a daily coz it don't have that stuff lol.

The nova is long gone i'm afraid, got a corsa redtop now, not ideal as a daily runner with coilovers and its not brilliant on petrol.

The only bits i'm changing on the micra are easily reversed, so if I decide to sell I'll put it back to standard. I borrowed my mates clio steels the other day and they are a perfect fit and fill the arches nicely.

But I really need to concentrate on getting the old girl up and running again :wasntme:

Nah I sold it months back, it was gonna be restored but the guy found a mint shell so he sold it on to a guy over in london..

Well, I'm still waiting!! Ordered a set of valve springs last thursday from my local nissan dealer, said they would be here friday, so I go down and he only ordered 4 of them! So he said he was gonna do an emergency order and they'll be here first thing saturday morning, I overslept, phoned up today "sorry they haven't arrived yet, be here first thing in the morning!!"

If they're not there tomorrow something bad will happen! Its strange how ive got so attached to the little car, and really want it back on the road!!

Nah I sold it months back, it was gonna be restored but the guy found a mint shell so he sold it on to a guy over in london..

Well, I'm still waiting!! Ordered a set of valve springs last thursday from my local nissan dealer, said they would be here friday, so I go down and he only ordered 4 of them! So he said he was gonna do an emergency order and they'll be here first thing saturday morning, I overslept, phoned up today "sorry they haven't arrived yet, be here first thing in the morning!!"

If they're not there tomorrow something bad will happen! Its strange how ive got so attached to the little car, and really want it back on the road!!

i know what you mean bud. i used to hate micra's then all of a sudden i ended up with a k10 and now its stuck with me. i dont think i will ever sell it :laugh:

love the wheels by the way mate(Y)

Cheers mate, still want to upgrade to 14s though :laugh:

Got my valve springs finally so hopefully I can find someone to assemble it!

And as much as I am a vauxhall man, a standard micra is a better car than a standard nova, trouble is, the modding scene isn't there for the K10s. With £200 you could transform a nova :grinning:

Cheers James, well my good mate Andy has got the head assembled so we're just waiting for a day
when he's free and get her fired up again!

Current state of play:

bFawO.jpg

jxGXz.jpg

Just waiting to hear back from my mate when he's free and hopefully if it stays dry we'll get it all back together in an afternoon.

that valve looks like its spent a little too long in the pub! a bit like mine but mine got in a fight lol

and that alternator on the block surface makes me criinge!!!!!!!!!

good progress though! hope it all goes back together well

that valve looks like its spent a little too long in the pub! a bit like mine but mine got in a fight lol

and that alternator on the block surface makes me criinge!!!!!!!!!

good progress though! hope it all goes back together well

+1 on that :laugh: coming along tho mate (Y)

All good! Had it running at the weekend, although it didnt get a spark until we realised that that one of the earth leads on the dizzy was in the wrong place, so we did a spark test and got nothing, then sussed out it was the earth lead and it fired up but only ran on three cylinders.

Oops, forgot to put the spark plug back in!!

Still sounds a bit tappety so i'm just waiting till the start of the month to tax it and then get it out on a long run.

Got it it running, changed the oil, done 300 miles, checked the oil and its black and used about a litre already!! Spark plugs are black.

Everytime you pull away or put your foot down a bit you get a load of smoke about out the back, tbh I can't afford to have it off the road or to strip it down and try and figure it out so after speaking to nexxussteve ive decided to have his old engine, shame really as my car is all original but I need a relaible daily.

Lol 2nd person, no the nova went a couple of years ago, got a corsa redtop now but thats up for sale as its been a headache from day one. Just picked up a '74 Viva as my new project and so far so good :grinning:

shame your selling mate but needs must eh. hopefully someone on here will buy it if you wernt to far away my mum would of bought this lol. good luck with the sale mate (Y)

Back