Stereo upgrade

Hi all I have a 53 plate micra 1.4 se auto, the original stereo was just a CD player and radio my friend replaced it with a more up to date after sales one but my steering wheel controls no longer worked ?
However the stereo has since stopped working so I'm now using my phone and a bluetooth speaker for music. My question is would i be able to install a more up to date stereo maybe from a newer micra or other Nissan and get the steering wheel controls working again?
Thanka

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I would think that you could fit the OEM K12 6 CD changer with no problems. I doubt very much if fitting a unit from a later model would be a viable proposition...

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Assuming all the original wiring/connectors are still in place it should just be a plug and play exercise. Of course the corresponding surrounding plastic dash parts from the CD changer would have to be used as it is a taller unit that the single CD radio and as such you will lose the storage compartment above the single DIN unit....
See HERE for an earlier discussion on this topic.

I am quite ok with my original radio with aux fitted by miself.
IMG_20190328_152725959.jpeg

Sent from my W_C800 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Hola si se puede reemplazar. Yo he instalado una radio Pioneer con lector de CD, puerto USB y entrada Auxilar. Ademas he conseguido mediante un adaptador mantener los mandos del volante.

Les dejo alguna foto oara que vean como ha quedado.

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
For both of you, have you upgraded speakers all ready?
In my -06 SR160 just swapping speakers to Pioneer 2-way to front and 3-way to rear made huge difference on sound expirience.
Then I added Pionee subwoofer under drivers seat and I got perfect setup for my needs :cool:

Yo tengo esa misma configuración con el subwoofer incluído en Pioneer. El mando del Subwoofer lo puse en el hueco wue hay justo detrás del freno de mano y para poder seguir manipulando los mandos del volante instalé un interface Connets 2 CTSNS007.2 como el de la foto que os pongo
CTSNS007.2-new-840x840.jpg

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Yo tengo esa misma configuración con el subwoofer incluído en Pioneer. El mando del Subwoofer lo puse en el hueco wue hay justo detrás del freno de mano y para poder seguir manipulando los mandos del volante instalé un interface Connets 2 CTSNS007.2 como el de la foto que os pongoView attachment 64668View attachment 64668
Hieno asia jotta, stereosi toimivat kuten haluat. Jos et tiennyt, Google osaa kääntää espanjasta englanniks ihan sujuvasti. Minä oletan jottei kovinkaan moni täällä osaa espanjaa tai suomea!?

Last edited: