Stereo replacement with bluetooth

Would like to put more modern radio in my K12, something with Bluetooth, perhaps from a later model.
I'm reluctant to put a new stereo in, as I don't want the car broken and it stolen (do people still do that I wonder - perhaps no one cares about stereos these days).

Can I put a later model Micra stereo in my K12, that has Bluetooth?

Thanks

Some 2008/9 K12's were factory fitted with a blue tooth radio CD player, possibly a straight swap with the 2005/6 multi CD/radio?
s-l300.jpg

Still no auxiliary input though...
Think that I'd rather keep my 6 CD player:)
The Nissan Note has a very similar looking unit WITH CD autochanger, auxiliary input AND Bluetooth, but sods law says it wont fit in a K12 Micra......
THIS however looks promising....

Last edited:
... No auxiliary input though...
Think that I'd rather keep my 6 CD player:) ...
John and others,
Lack of AUX input has been bugging me for a while, search on YouTube resulted this video.
For me, back connectors on video are same Blaupunkt, that Nissan used on Micra's?
Installation of aux in cable - persona, gen2 Blaupunkt radio

s-l1600.jpg

Aux In Input Adapter Interface Cable For Blaupunkt Car Radio Ipod 3.5Mm Jack PK
s-l500.jpg

Could it be this easy and CHEAP to get AUX-connection added to these vehicles? :confused:

John and others,
Lack of AUX input has been bugging me for a while, search on YouTube resulted this video.
For me, back connectors on video are same Blaupunkt, that Nissan used on Micra's?
Installation of aux in cable - persona, gen2 Blaupunkt radio

s-l1600.jpg

Aux In Input Adapter Interface Cable For Blaupunkt Car Radio Ipod 3.5Mm Jack PK
s-l500.jpg

Could it be this easy and CHEAP to get AUX-connection added to these vehicles? :confused:
Interesting little video Mika, but what it doesn't do is show how 'Aux' is selected on the radio?
On my Saab there is an auxiliary 3.5mm jack socket on the front of the head unit and plugging a 3.5 stereo plug into it utilises the switching function of the socket to tell the head unit that there is an external input source and 'AUX' is then added to the input selection from the steering wheel controls. I can't see that being a feature of the Blau Punkt radio/multi CD head units that we have as there is no way the unit knows it has an auxiliary input?

Good point John! And more thinking & looking, in the picture in connector on right corner is missing pins, for blue connector. Bummer, so it's not that easy that it first looked :(

Thanks for the info, appreciated.
However, my stereo is quite small, and the bluetooth one pictured here seems to have a large face.

Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Do people still steal car stereos, or is that something that went out in the 80's?

If so I'll just go to Halfords and get a new one for £100.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.
However, my stereo is quite small, and the bluetooth one pictured here seems to have a large face.

Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Do people still steal car stereos, or is that something that went out in the 80's?

If so I'll just go to Halfords and get a new one for £100.
You can change to the later larger unit by swapping the whole air vent panel (post 2005?) with one from a breakers, though you do lose the small storage compartment above your current radio.....
ImageThumbnail2.aspx

6 CD player/radio, the same as the one both Mika and I have, available s/h on eBay as cheaply as £25....

Last edited:
Back