Blog Steffi Cab

Hi after owning different Micra's over the past years I was always interested in the FHK11 March Cabriolet perhaps because it was unusual, rare or just for it's shape and the way it looks! When in June last year a very good condition one became available to buy I jumped at the chance of owning one! At the time I owned a 2002 (Nov) 1.4SE+ manual, 2002 (April) 1.4SE+ NCVT, a 1999 1.3SI (re-build project) and a 1.3 March rust bucket (for parts)!

After purchasing "Steffi" cab I did a bit of research on her history with the help of a Nissan dealership, I found out that Steffi was one of 24 FHK11's officially imported into the UK in 1997 by Nissan UK and was offered for sale to Nissan dealerships. My particular FHK11 was transferred to Nissan dealership Town and Country which was located in Cornwall, the first owner was a lady and the cab was bought for her by her rich banker husband who even had a garage built to house the Cab! The Cab was garaged for 10 months a year and maintained by Nissan dealership Town and Country till the lady sold it early last year to fellow forum member davyboy who had bought for his wife! davyboy told me that he had seen the cab being driven around for a few years and had always wanted to buy it and one time had seen the lady pull out of a carpark and followed her home and made a offer to buy it off her and she agreed! The trouble was davyboy wife did not take to it and after just 2 months I bought it off him after hearing on the forum he wanted to sell it! :)

Although Steffi was in VGC and she had been converted by Nissan UK to UK spec I wanted to upgrade certain items on her (nothing that could not be reverted back to JDM or UK spec) so the project begun!

Tasks completed:
Replacement of original opaque plastic headlights with 2002 UK spec colour coded
Replace steel wheels with refurbished Nissan Aquila alloys
Completed overhaul of the breaking system
New electrical magnetic brushes and holder
New battery
Full engine service
Rear axle refurbished
A combination petrol cap/boot release mechanism fitted
New JDM 2003 Nissan Kouki rear light clusters fitted

Steffi Cab before:
P6031302.JPG
P6031303.JPG
P6031309.JPG

Steffi now!
PA171702.JPG
P8011568.JPG
1459612516149[1].jpg
1459612537207[1].jpg

I will be updating the thread on a regular basis and will also be posting details of upgrades in the technical thread! :)

To be continued..................................
Cheers
Andy :D

Last edited:
Hi Andy, it's clear you are very smitten with your Micra Cabriolet, and why not, it's defiantly one of the rarer Micra models. Shame Ni$$an never shipped any over here to Oz, ten months of the year garaged !! Here you could drive it ten months of the year !
I bet Steffi is an awesome Summer cruiser ( the closest I have is sliding my sunroof all the way back on my Super S haha )
Enjoy mate !!

OP
OP
Andy5077
Hi Steve you have to import a March FHK11 Cabriolet to Australia there are a few for sale in USA and Japan! Can't say I have heard of one being in Oz mate and yes they are great fun and a head turner lol! B-)

OP
OP
Andy5077
With the much appreciated help of NeX I bought some JDM Nissan March Bolero walnut dash fascia's so Steffi has had a make-over! B-)
1464033785224.jpg
1464033817215.jpg
1464033834226.jpg
1464033855487.jpg

I'd love one of these but they must be ridiculously rare.

I saw one for the first time ever the other day, in the exact same blue as yours, it was coming the opposite way to me and when it turned out to be the carbriolet me and my friend were in shock.

Wouldn't happen to have actually been you, would it Andy? It was by the Tea Hut in Blackheath.

I'd love one of these but they must be ridiculously rare.

I saw one for the first time ever the other day, in the exact same blue as yours, it was coming the opposite way to me and when it turned out to be the carbriolet me and my friend were in shock.

Wouldn't happen to have actually been you, would it Andy? It was by the Tea Hut in Blackheath.
Nah, he lives on a little pebble called Guernsey.:D

OP
OP
Andy5077
Hi Luke sorry for the late reply mate just seen your post! As davyboy said I live in Guernsey Channel Islands so the Cab was not mine but it could be fellow member Jason's his Cab has a tan coloured soft top roof? B-)

Nah, he lives on a little pebble called Guernsey.:D
Hi Luke sorry for the late reply mate just seen your post! As davyboy said I live in Guernsey Channel Islands so the Cab was not mine but it could be fellow member Jason's his Cab has a tan coloured soft top roof? B-)

Ahhh right, ah well then, good to see they are about!

No tan roof on this one, it looked identical to Andy's, looks like there is a mysterious cabbi out there, I hope I see it again... Might make a cheeky offer haha!

OP
OP
Andy5077
If you see it again mate if possible please take some pics and post them here? I will have to check if Steffi's still in the garage and has not been "borrowed" and been shipped back to the big rock lol! :-S
Cheers
Andy B-)

Last edited: