Steering wheel issue

Below is a video of what's happening. Basically it feels like the steering rack is catching on something. I've made a video of it but the volume's quite low. I'd really appreciate it if you could have a listen. It's a power steering rack.

To continue on this, with the clutch fully pressed in, it seems like the steering column is touching the backside of the pedal. Are they supposed to be 'that' close?

Doubt it. Has it been crashed? My clutch pedal goes all the way down to the carpet but there is a finger width between the pedal lever and the column.

To continue on this, with the clutch fully pressed in, it seems like the steering column is touching the backside of the pedal. Are they supposed to be 'that' close?

It wasnt an auto & has been converted to manual? with the pedal not being attached straight & in the right place?

Nope, seems pretty straight, it's only really happened in the past month or so where it's got worse. Really feel it in the pedals. Could adjusting the clutch cable work?

Edit : It's always been a manual, I'm guessing the clutch was changed a while back though, was mentioned on an MOT as an advisory a few years back and hasn't since, seems strong enough.

Clutch pedal mounting coming loose and pedal getting pushed over to the right when you press your foot down?

Nope, not play in the clutch pedal, definitely a bit of play in the brake pedal and accelerator though. Can feel the nudge through the brake pedal too. My brakes have been short for a while, maybe too much force on the pedal recently?

Back