steering clunk

andy88

Ex. Club Member
got home from work and when turing the car aroud theres a clunk sort of sound, anyone any clue as to what this clunk is about.

first time its made this sound, only when turing the wheel.

andy

Did it happen on full lock, and clunk again when you turn the steering wheel the opposite way? Also, did it sound like it came from the front of the car?

i only had to turn the wheel one way a bit and then in the opposite direction and it makes the clunk, at first i though it was the steering lock but the noise comes from the engine bay.

it happened after it had been on full lock

just took it out and the clunks gone, is there anything that is affect by cold weather that could cause this sound.

both my micras did/do this. it goes when its warmed up or there is less wieght/grip on the front wheels. no idea, dont effect handling, and on my old micra it passed 2 mots like that!

its not the cv joints (swaped them), itsn not the track rod ends (swaped) them, its not the wishbones (changed them) its not any part of the suspension as its all been changes, so all i can assume is that its the bushes that are worn that hild the rack onto the bulkhead/chassis

doesn't do it now, was just that night when it was seriously cold.

good to know mines not the only one that clunks.

i even asked my neighbour who has a 16K mile K10 Super 1.0L .. yes 16K .. and it clunks lol.. i think its just a bit of character :)

hey guys mine did this everytime i moved the steering from left to right an i tightened the steering rack bolts up and it stoped

Back