starting problem battery's fine but no cranking from overnight

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
ey guys just went to fire it up since yesterday night to leave for work damn saturudays :/
had to take my gf's vitz :eek:

I've got starting noise ok, but not even an idea of firing. The only thing that has happened this night is lots n lots of rain but the car was shut and parked during the whole night.

I've got the cone filter which I'm doubting could have soaked wet maybe a it near to the bonnet's fins.
I'll try removing it after work this afternoon.

Anything else I can check? I tried pumping the accelerator but no idea of firing. after an hour in the sun I tried again but it remained the same I could only hear a small spark but it sounded faint as if it's shut.

spark plugs have been changed I guess a year n half ago, on IGN I still hear the fuel pump tick on so I guess still ok. at work I've been told to cover the carburetor with my handand starting then relasing my hand..buq ..any ideas guys?

Yeterday it ran ok, the only thing I remember i when I started it yeterday morning it was like irritable shaking a little rarely it does it but it doesn't last. I associate it like when they say it's running on three even though I don't know exactly the symptoms. but then it runs perfectly in like 10mins.

I've done like 2 years ago the soldering in the TB, even though I'm aware my soldering was very ####ty but it did fix the problem then.

Hmm, you got a garage you can slap it in to let it heat up for a bit, i think occasionally you get problems with some of the seals here and there with water leaking into certain places (I think even ecu box got flooded at one point on someones car) so i think give it a bit of time to dry out and perhaps it'l snap back to life, i'll try chase up some of the old threads for you though!

Spose for now go over HT leads, maybe check the sparks again (Although they're fixed), are you 100% sure its not battery, i know micra isn't a renault but when we had faults (electrical) with our renauls certain things would work even the dash/display but trying to get the car to start was just a no hehe (Even when trying to jump from my poor little micra!)

Keep us updated on progress!

I'll go round the leads when I'll get back in like 2 hours time, I'm guessing the cold maybe which is nonsense as we don't get the same chill as you get there much less chilly here.

I'll check for antifreeze and introduce some into the system.

thanks Migs!

No problem, but yeah it could be something small or something unseen, i mention the seels because rain can hassle us micras seals sometimes hehe.

Good luck man!

Back