Starting off my K11

Just joined up on here as i have recently bought my parents' K11 and am looking for advice on some simple and cheap mods to make it look and drive better. already have some 15" fox alloys on, but dont know what to go for as far as lowering it? Or maybe some easy mods for a bit better performance from the 1l engine? Any help would be appreciated :grinning:

Welcome to the forum! (Y)

Out of pure curiosity, and because I'm a similar age to you and will be driving very soon now, what're you paying on insurance? No worries if you don't wanna say :grinning:

I'm sure someone with more experience will come along and tell you the best way to slam your car and so on in a min :laugh:

hi joe (Y) matiz or suzuki rears are a cheap option for lowering, and corsa rear shocks for keeping the rears captive

Attachments

• DSCF0416.JPG
    DSCF0416.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 276
@maybach
currently my insurance is £1300 ish payed monthly, was cheaper on parents as a named driver but i now own the car for myself so its gone up a bit.

@R-REG-SR i would but as yet i have none! also not sure how to :s ...

@frank
Thanks thats great, what about aftermarket like apex or others? how far can i get away with on standard shocks?

Cheers guys :grinning:

Thats great thanks, and corsa rears should fit straight on as well? Any age of corsa better to pull off? Or do even the new ones fit... Also any idea how far this will drop?
I'm lucky theres guys like you who know how to do this or i'd be broke and so would my car!

Cool thanks, although i'm gonna have to look up how to fit all this and get it right. Any ideas on a guide for using this method to lower? or any general help?

Fair enough, just not sure if its ok to use matiz rear springs all the way around? and how to fit the corsa rear struts to my car. Sorry to sound dumb lol just never done this stuff before!

Cheers for the help though (Y)

I'm not sure on the rear springs but the rear corsa struts are easy, just need to grind the bush flat and use a smaller diameter bolt

Don't worry about sounding dumb we all have to start somewhere :grinning:

Right cheeers, i (Y) i'll have a look into that then. Obviously my other option is keep the original shocks and just get apex lowering springs... just a little more costly there.

I hear a lot on here about getting cams and conrods from the cg13 engine, obviously with the scrapyards near me full of dead micras this would be easy and fairly cheap but other than the higher lift cams what are the benefits of getting cg13 parts? Whats the actual difference between the engines other than the cams and a longer stroke? .. obviously this is a massive jump from cheap lowering but i did wonder as a project for later on.. :grinning:

thats the only difference joe (cams and stroke)
the 1.3 cams will give you about 5 hp, and the 1.3 crank etc will give you the same hp as a 1.3 obviously
but if you fit the 1.0 pistons to the 1.3 engine you get more compression :cool:

Sounds very tempting then :grinning: there are quite a few 1.3 micras (all facelift :( ) at my local scrapyard that i could get bits out of. But is it worth putting 1.3 crank etc into the 1l block i have or is it better to just drop the whole 1.3 into my car and then change over the pistons? I guess that gives the same result but less work.. I mean a 1l block with 1.3 cams cranks etc but still 1l pistons will have the same as a 1.3 block with only the pistons changed?

Just one thing a mate of mine asked.. can you use the ga13/4 cranks etc with the cg engines or are they too different.. i know the bore isnt the same in the ga14 but can you mount the pistons anyway and get more stroke that way?

Edit again haha, What about the CGA3 cranks? or will the CG10/13 not do that much stroke?

Back