Starter Motor? Engine turning over time...

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
When I brought the car a few months back... I could turn the key fully for not even a second and the engine would roar into life... the starter motor would only be heard briefly...

Now I dont know if it is the cold weather or not but this week so far... I can hear a lot of starter motor and the time is approx. 2 seconds now to start... holding the key in position until the engine turns over...

Is this normal?
Or do big bills beckon?
o_O

PS. It has a fresh battery (installed last month), sparks and leads etc.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
my one still starts under a second...

where do you keep your car? and how long do you leave it between running it?

switch the key to the engine possition and let the system prime for a couple of seconds (you will here a click when its done) then try it :)

OP
OP
Gurpreet

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
Parked by the river bank... well near-ish...

Between running as in before I drive off? Depends... might need demisting otherwise... Id say under 2 mins to sort the music out etc. OR if you meant driving then I drive it every other day or two days as I take the train mostly...

Cheers will try the priming method.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
Parked by the river bank... well near-ish...

Between running as in before I drive off? Depends... might need demisting otherwise... Id say under 2 mins to sort the music out etc. OR if you meant driving then I drive it every other day or two days as I take the train mostly...

Cheers will try the priming method.

ah, that might be why then, the longer you leave the car standing the more time it has for the fuel to evaporate out of the fuel system. if you run the car and then leave it for about two hours and then come back to it then it will start really quickly but if you leave it for a couple of days then it will take a little longer.

i use my car every day so mine starts nice and quick :p