• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Stani's Turbo Micra

Glen

Club Member
i bet ed didnt get up one day and knew everything about engines im sure he had many a trail and error on things. respect to stanni for actually trying to do things instead of most of the people on here saying they will do but nothing appears. if you dont try you will never learn

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
he may have had to retake his test as i believe you still keep the points after as i know someone who now has 12points after retaking their test.

frank

Club Member
i bet ed didnt get up one day and knew everything about engines im sure he had many a trail and error on things. respect to stanni for actually trying to do things instead of most of the people on here saying they will do but nothing appears. if you dont try you will never learn

i agree, he did get "stuck in" and kept me entertained :)

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
How do you still have a licence if you have 6 points and been driving for only a year?

You should have received a ban if you clock up 6 points within your first 2 years of driving.

if you actually asked me, ive been driving 1 year since the second time i passed after having my license revoked, no ban although everybody says i was banned when i had the option to retake straight away, i first passed november 2005 and made mistakes, big deal

The Road Traffic (New Drivers) Act 1995 applies to every motorist who passed their test after the 1 June 1997. The main effect is that for the first 2 years of driving after passing a test, a newly qualified driver is placed on a probation period during which time their licence will be revoked by the accumulation of 6 or more penalty points.

this does not state a ban, read it clearly

richj

Deactivated Account
It seems you have everything in your favour. Why not get a map sorted and enjoy the fruits of your labour? Congrats by the way. Seems you have done a grand job thus far. There is no argument about a map though. It is needed :)

Baz

Ex. Club Member

Thats also true but most look for advice on here from members that have delt with this before and listen

i agree, he did get "stuck in" and kept me entertained :)

Kept me entained also but some posts drove me up the wall because it bs

yeh i know, thats the thing i know would help the most, but its £650 a pop, not cheap at all lol

650Pounds for a map!! Where's that?

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
its dastek, chipped aswell and its in edinburgh so the cost of treavelling also...or i can go 15 miles with a e-manage ultimate and it will cost £450, but i dont have an e-manage so either way its alot

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
its dastek, chipped aswell and its in edinburgh so the cost of treavelling also...or i can go 15 miles with a e-manage ultimate and it will cost £450, but i dont have an e-manage so either way its alot

e-manage ultimate will not work on your car - I have said that before. Dastek is seriously limited and will never get great results on a K11 (regardless of what anyone says - its physically impossible due to stock ecu on the K11) same for the e-manage blue.

The only way to do it RIGHT is to change the ecu for something like an Omex.

YES Its going to cost you around a grand. But that's small money if it means it can do the job properly.

I never give up my amazment for people willing to waste money away on their cars for stuff that doesnt really matter, when the real issues should be sorted first.

Let me tell you this, and also to anyone else listening. If there was one SINGLE thing that SHOULD BE done right its to sort the ecu.

You can spend all the money in the world on headgaskets, engines, bolt on bits or whatever, but it will all be nonsense if you cannot control it properly.

But will people ever listen? I doubt it.

Baz

Ex. Club Member

Drive from Dublin,Ireland to London and come back to me. . .you really hav'nt a clue mate

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
e-manage ultimate will not work on your car - I have said that before. Dastek is seriously limited and will never get great results on a K11 (regardless of what anyone says - its physically impossible due to stock ecu on the K11) same for the e-manage blue.

The only way to do it RIGHT is to change the ecu for something like an Omex.

YES Its going to cost you around a grand. But that's small money if it means it can do the job properly.

I never give up my amazment for people willing to waste money away on their cars for stuff that doesnt really matter, when the real issues should be sorted first.

Let me tell you this, and also to anyone else listening. If there was one SINGLE thing that SHOULD BE done right its to sort the ecu.

You can spend all the money in the world on headgaskets, engines, bolt on bits or whatever, but it will all be nonsense if you cannot control it properly.

But will people ever listen? I doubt it.

I did...and with the help of Dan (Micracharge) and his dyno my SR has being going beautifully for nearly 2 years now.

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
this thread is of no use now, im picking my new micra up tomorrow and i cant wait :D by the way ed where do i get an omex??

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
From me of course!!!!

ok thats all, if i ask how much i may get another infraction cause i dont have a buy/sell account :p

Head gasket gone this one?Thread was a joke anyway mate. . .ah good come back btw

nope nothing wrong with it at all, thread wasnt a joke thats you...and btw is it cause im scottish that you have to keep sticking your irish nose in?? :D and cheers

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
ok thats all, if i ask how much i may get another infraction cause i dont have a buy/sell account :p

You will NOT get an infraction for asking how much something is, the seller account is simply that to "sell" on the MSC.

Regards; comments about your disapproval at having to pay on the MSC to sell, we are no different to what many car / club forums implement for many a reason. You incur more fees on ebay with listing costs, final valuation fees and paypal. £2.50 is our small charge to sell here if your not an official member.

Baz

Ex. Club Member

nope nothing wrong with it at all, thread wasnt a joke thats you...and btw is it cause im scottish that you have to keep sticking your irish nose in?? :D and cheers

:rolleyes: