• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Stani's Turbo Micra

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
I used that oil gallery and you know what It has a lot of pressure lol, A bit too much asctually a restrictor was needed for my t25. I accidentally left the the hole with the adaptor unplugged from the turbo and started the car for about 20 seconds and there was oil about 2 metres in front of the car and about 2 foot wide. Lost about 1 litre of oil lol.

My turbo ran fine off it for like 8 months untill i took it off.

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
tap into the thicker of the two pipes which should be the lowest pipe down, i cant exactly remember right now but ill take photos tomorrow and post them up tea time-ish :)

Antony

Ex. Club Member
theres deffinately an allen key plug to the left of the head just next to the exhaust manifold. its a direct fitment for an oil feed line and all the jap guys use it. but try getting the screw out of it..lol

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
theres deffinately an allen key plug to the left of the head just next to the exhaust manifold. its a direct fitment for an oil feed line and all the jap guys use it. but try getting the screw out of it..lol

get an allan key bit that goes onto a socket and whack it in lol then it comes out no problem :D

fitted my pulsar brakes today

before:

http://file046b.bebo.com/7/original/2008/11/24/00/2973667202a9488839600o.jpg

after:

http://file046b.bebo.com/7/original/2008/11/24/00/2973667202a9488839662o.jpg

also put my battery in the boot to allow for an air filter:

http://file046b.bebo.com/7/original/2008/11/24/00/2973667202a9488839716o.jpg

also modified my boot:

http://file046b.bebo.com/7/original/2008/11/24/00/2973667202a9488839779o.jpg
http://file046b.bebo.com/7/original/2008/11/24/00/2973667202a9488839829o.jpg

get an allan key bit that goes onto a socket and whack it in lol then it comes out no problem :D

fitted my pulsar brakes today

before:

2973667202a9488839600o.jpg

after:

2973667202a9488839662o.jpg

also put my battery in the boot to allow for an air filter:

2973667202a9488839716o.jpg

also modified my boot:

2973667202a9488839779o.jpg

2973667202a9488839829o.jpg

jabran200

Ex. Club Member

I trid an allen key at first but no it was rounded lol. I then hammered a star key in to it and then it came out. its a 1/8th bsp oil feed socket used on most cars.

I trid an allen key at first but no it was rounded lol. I then hammered a star key in to it and then it came out. its a 1/8th bsp oil feed socket used on most cars and the same as the on that comes off your take off from the sandwitch plate or oil press switch.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
thats good to hear, as i can get rid of the stupid oil pressure guage piping that comes all the way from the back of the block... and stick it on the front where its needed

ive got 3 cylinder heads the practice on anyway so im sure ill get one out..lol

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Would be nice to see some pictures mate (Y) Have you bypassed the dim dip already?

oh and what rating did you get?

kristian

One Way Mule
Had a quick mooch through the thread..

You want to get on a RR pal and stick up a few pics of your graph.. going through a few headgaskets without any managment or more importantly.. seeing how the car is running on the set-up it has now..

I ran a similar fueling set-up to yours.. upped fuel pressure / 1.6 injectors..etc.. but with a piggy back..

..and Going of what you are saying the Standard map runs fine..

..but going off what 'Adjusted' map I HAD TO RUN with the piggy back.. yours will be ultra rich low down and ultra lean high end....

..you'll soon have the engine out again pal..

however with decent managment.. you could have a dead reliable pocket rocket as the majority of the set-up seems functional at first gance

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
well last night had the car out for a few hours for the first time in a few days, was turning a corner and the oil light came on and then went off, within minutes of driving the knocking began :( not sure of what to do now, i have the mot in a month and i dont have the weather to rebuild another engine in my back garden and do an engine swap, how much is new bottom end shells from nissan???

Antony

Ex. Club Member
£120 for main bearing shells, £80 for big end shells £110 for piston rings

i have got all of these sat up in my room at the mo. but theyre matched to block/crank so arent transferable.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
yes of course you can, you need the number off the end of the crank weight and the number on the bottom of the block on the oil pump side, if you add the two numbers together you get the grades of the main bearing shells... big ends are a standard size.

so my numbers were 10112 and 11220 so the shells i need are 21332. did that make sence?

frank

Club Member
yes of course you can, you need the number off the end of the crank weight and the number on the bottom of the block on the oil pump side, if you add the two numbers together you get the grades of the main bearing shells... big ends are a standard size.

so my numbers were 10112 and 11220 so the shells i need are 21332. did that make sence?

thats precision for you eh, no wonder these CG,s take a thrashin :wasntme:

stani, rebuilds can be a moneypit, whilst sound engines can be had for under £100, it,s not worth it imo :)

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member

yeh i know what you mean, always wondered what those numbers were for!!! this time im gonna forge it as there lying around, what should i do people?? get the new shells for the block i have with the pistons or buy a separate engine and mix them together :p

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
Get a new engine with low mileage, and get it mapped properly this time.

How much is your insurance on the 1.3 turbo?

its never been mapped before and all problems ive had isnt due to it not being mapped properly, and its around £1700 :doh: donations are welcome :blush:

Antony

Ex. Club Member
lol, i would do what i am doing, run your car without turbo, then build up a spare engine with your new bits, take your time and do it right. get some new big end shells for the new engine and make it as strong as you can, afterall, you will hopefully only have to build it once.

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
thats what i was going to do but now its knocking away theres no point, unless it can knock for a while??? and i can get the money together again but christmas is an expensive time of year

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
if you put a turbo on it and map it with the ignition done properly it would be very fast defo faster then an un tuned car no doubt.

a well tuned low budget car with less boost can feel adn drive faster then a car with higher boost.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
yeah, well mines a standard cg13de with two cats 140,000 miles, knakered bottom end and no piston rings, so compared to mine yours is a rocket ship!!

Shero

Ex. Club Member
awrite stani, id give hypertech a phone, it will be sum trek for ya, its pretty much in falkirk, but there brilliant at wat they do.. Jap tuning! lol, its like a mini car show evrytime i go up! lol.

13 Bonnybridge Ind Est
Murnin Rd, Bonnybridge, FK4 2BW
01324 812212

the owner was nissans tech of the year once, out like europe i think? ### knows there ###in good #####, dun all tha work on ma delsol.
if u go 4 it, gimi a shout if yer doon, im like 10 minits away
hope thats sum help.

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
awrite stani, id give hypertech a phone, it will be sum trek for ya, its pretty much in falkirk, but there brilliant at wat they do.. Jap tuning! lol, its like a mini car show evrytime i go up! lol.

13 Bonnybridge Ind Est
01324 812212

the owner was nissans tech of the year once, out like europe i think? ### knows there ###in good #####, dun all tha work on ma delsol.
hope thats sum help.

ok cheers buddy, it wont be for a good few months but still its handy to know :)

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I'd imagine you would get a proper adaptor for the oil pressure switch and take your feed off that

Antony

Ex. Club Member

13 Bonnybridge Ind Est
01324 812212

hope thats sum help.

that post is realy hard to read. its 70% txt speach and 10% swearing. for your 2nd post its not giving a very good impression.fwn

Shero

Ex. Club Member
that post is realy hard to read. its 70% txt speach and 10% swearing. for your 2nd post its not giving a very good impression.fwn

Not giving a good impression?? Im just trying to give stani sum info he might find helpfull.
He understood it anyway.

Cheers for the warm welcome doc.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
Not giving a good impression?? Im just trying to give stani sum info he might find helpfull.
He understood it anyway.

Cheers for the warm welcome doc.

the reason i said it is because it is clearly against the forum rules. the rules are there to make it easy to read any and all posts on a public forum. if you are after talking in txt speach then please feel free to pm each other. :grinning:

oh and Welcome. sorry my first post was a little blunt :doh:

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
What did you have to do to the boot to fit the nipples?

remove the old reg plate, remove the pull handle and unclip the wiring for the lights, plug the holes, cut the new square plate and fit then measure out for the 3 holes (2 srcew and 1 for the bulb) per nipple and drill them out, then splice them into the wiring that was originally used, make sure you find out which is which first lol

and squarepants they are k10 ones :)

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
ok theres a chance i could have my car at this meet, today i stripped the (donor) engine down and took all the bottom end bits that i need from it, removed the ceased piston rings from the forged pistons and cleaned them up and fitted the other set of rings i had, then realised i left my piston ring compressor back in dundee so called it a day. so by saturday i should have the engine built, the engine out the car and the forged one fitted and running all for sunday :)

a couple of pics:

2973667202a9632922504o.jpg

2973667202a9632922597o.jpg

OP
OP
Stani1029

Stani1029

Club Member
ill try to lol and see how your saying they are to fit the black crank etc, in what way would they be different?? would i fit them and they would be a different shape or stick above the flush of the block or would they be loose??

frank

Club Member
stani

they,re graded by size eh, on mine there were some numbers stamped on the bottom of the block (5 for the mains, and 4 for the b/e) antony mentioned it in a post a few days ago, and said you add the block number to the journal number, and thats the code thingy for the shell number