Standalone ecu/stripping out old shiz

pork

Club Member
I'm putting in my own ecu and loom, what I need to know is what I can strio out of the car that ain't needed anymore....but I still want all the car functions

So...what can I remove and what do I keep
e3ceaaf025d7bb21e09290d71b5003fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously I don't need the old ecu and engine connectors, but there's the other silver box and quite a few other wires that go to the ecu that aren't engine related

What non engine related stuff is plugged into the ecu?

I did mines mate took me 1 week but it's easy if u take everything of the car engine wires off and follow it to Ecu, and other bits u will need is window wipers wire, heater controller, that's about it, and on the front u can keep the reverse wire and fan relay with wires, that's only if u took the full engine out for a swap, if u keep engine in with a Diffrent Ecu running am not sure mate

Il be putting in a supercharged cg13, with redline developments ecu

I found the wiper control plug, so jus need to find the heater control stuff thrn

Il be putting in a supercharged cg13, with redline developments ecu

I found the wiper control plug, so jus need to find the heater control stuff thrn

57c8bea756970907a567167fdcb0a1b5.jpg
that's it mate it's green \red wire that goes in the Ecu

So I can just unplug it all from the car?

.....my speedo is cable type too

That's what I ment, u don't need any wires for that, my cluster is Diffrent although, but mines worked without any wires on just keep the wires on the dash and will end up on power +

Jus found these

Ecu

8fa7638f3d6d846027d49997d3c637ee.jpg

Auto tranny ecu stuff

1c3a1bfca11e231e9385611691906d85.jpg

There's quite a bit then I can chuck out, just gunna take a lot of licking apart I guess

@pork tbh yours is Diffrent to what am doing, ur keeping same engine in but running Diffrent engine management so am guessing u need to dig all the wires from engine loom and spice and cuts wires in the the new Ecu,

My set up is keeping all the interior loom and not the engine loom in

Back