st micra parts

warren

Club Member (Trial)
ok this is just for ed is there any manual ever made for the st? and how did you get yours so powerful what did you change in the engine and how can i do the same?

ok this is just for ed is there any manual ever made for the st? and how did you get yours so powerful what did you change in the engine and how can i do the same?

Em there's no manual to modifying an st it all custom,and whats involved is the same as tuning most cars uping the boost,fueling mods(pump)injectors,piggyback ecu to control everything and stop it from blowing itself to pieces and more like intake,exhaust mods and i af your looking for big power a larger turbo

No more piggybacks! I remap the stock ecus now. :) :) Also your correct no manuals I'm afraid. I have a stock engine but uprated head gasket and much larger turbo and exhaust etc. Just concentrated on the breathing of the engine. The power then came naturally.

your going to have to do some research of your own!! There are not any 'off the shelf' parts for the ST available.

well its all custom pretty much so i cant give you part numbers but stuff by K&N samco hoses custom exhaust etc, i dont mean to be awkard, but I dont have time to write for hours every change I have done!

If you really want it tuned up bring it to the UK and ill do the work here!

South, Just west of london, london end of the M4/M3. As for cost depends what you want to do with it etc...

I'm not sure what sort of condition your ST was in when you got it or how long you've had it but in my opinion you should get a good mechanic to go through the entire car and replace every piece of rubbber and any other minor things that may be nearly on the way out (as they are an 18 yo car...) once you get all that done then worry about modifying...start out solid or you just end up with a big headache from attempting to modify while minor things keep breaking. Just my 2 cents. Once all thats done put a lot of planning into your mods before commiting to them as you are looking at lots of labor costs, and expensive custom parts for working on an st...they have a lot of engine crammed into a small space so nothing is easy to get to in most cases so a bit of planning will save you lots on labour in the long run... But my ST was in VERY good condition when i got it and my mechanic has put together pages of notations on things that will need to be replaced soon and I'm not gonna go looking for any major power gains until i know that eveything else is solid....i honestly dont recomend modifying until you do this due to the age of the car. Get all that done, get it up on a dyno and get a good appreciation for just how awsome the car is standard before modifying. These things should not be rushed...

yes i think i will take your advice, i am getting it dynod in the next few weeks to see exactly what power it has but i think it is in great condition, does your supercharger work properly because i have very little power until my turbo kicks in, our they supposed to be that bad or should they work beta and i have oredered a bypass valve for it will it make a difference? thanx

yes i think i will take your advice, i am getting it dynod in the next few weeks to see exactly what power it has but i think it is in great condition, does your supercharger work properly because i have very little power until my turbo kicks in, our they supposed to be that bad or should they work beta and i have oredered a bypass valve for it will it make a difference? thanx

Where you order the valve from?Is it junmpy or is the power uneven when its in supercharger?If so thats the bypass valve.Also no point getting a second hand one. . .and as long as all the vacuam hoses are in the correct position it should be fine

I'm not entirely sure if I am understanding you properly here but I will hazard a guess... Yes my SC works fine, it is only meant to be putting out 7psi of boost as opposed to the 13psi the turbo will put out. This does not by any stretch of the imagination make it 'bad'. A turbo requires preasure to be built up before it can work to its full potential, a SC is belt driven and therefore it will engage as soon as you put your foot down...it is not intended to give as much boost as the turbo it is intended to give initial boost...its all about having boost all the way through your power band and if you are talking about using a bypass to cut out your SC and go straight to turbo then you are doing yourself a major dis-service by doing this as you'll end up with gaps at the low rev range where you have either no boost, equal or lesser boost than the SC would have given you... What Ed said earlier about working on the breathing of the engine and letting the power come naturally is spot on. I do not suggest you go trying to mess around with how the SC and turbo interact as you are just gonna make your car into a temperamental pain in the butt...once again, just my opinion

i ordered it straight from nissan in japan brand new and no im not trying to bypass tha sc i am replacing the bypass valve in the engine as it clogs up over time and allows little airflow through! my sc is giving little or no boost, my car drives very slow until the turbo boosts, i no what you are saying that i should have constant power all the way but i get nothing until my turbo kicks in

I'm not entirely sure if I am understanding you properly here but I will hazard a guess... Yes my SC works fine, it is only meant to be putting out 7psi of boost as opposed to the 13psi the turbo will put out. This does not by any stretch of the imagination make it 'bad'. A turbo requires preasure to be built up before it can work to its full potential, a SC is belt driven and therefore it will engage as soon as you put your foot down...it is not intended to give as much boost as the turbo it is intended to give initial boost...its all about having boost all the way through your power band and if you are talking about using a bypass to cut out your SC and go straight to turbo then you are doing yourself a major dis-service by doing this as you'll end up with gaps at the low rev range where you have either no boost, equal or lesser boost than the SC would have given you... What Ed said earlier about working on the breathing of the engine and letting the power come naturally is spot on. I do not suggest you go trying to mess around with how the SC and turbo interact as you are just gonna make your car into a temperamental pain in the butt...once again, just my opinion

I'm talking about ther bypass valve beside the window washer water tank,when they get tired (old) they make the s/c boost erratically,I had to replace mine last year

yeah thats exactly what i ordered, how did you no you had to replace it, what was the car running like? i am gettin little or no power out of my sc and jumpy sometimes

yeah your prob right ed, how much is a service, and how much money would it cost to give my car an extra 30 hp?

You would be looking at a re-map, but you have poor fuel over there dont you? In any case to increase boost to 1 bar and full service (inc cam belt) with replaced vacuum lines which it probably does need (most fall appart and cause real issues, possibly yours too), you would be looking at around £330 ish

thats not to bad, how long would i have to leave it with you for? and that price includes the extra 30 hp?

Well a safe increase in power, I dont know about 30bhp extra.

ok thanks but what exactly am i looking for and can you recomend anywhere on line to buy parts?

you need to be an official member to sell on the MSC

i giv u pic item to sell.... :unclesam:

i ordered it straight from nissan in japan brand new and no im not trying to bypass tha sc i am replacing the bypass valve in the engine as it clogs up over time and allows little airflow through! my sc is giving little or no boost, my car drives very slow until the turbo boosts, i no what you are saying that i should have constant power all the way but i get nothing until my turbo kicks in

before this my car was problem same as your car... after im charges all vacuum hose... the supercharges was superp... maybe hav some vacuum pipe leak. just my opinion.... :sleepy:

Back