ST Ecu

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Hi Ed,

Can you explain your plans and the progress you've made with what your working on the st Ecu?

Like what will it be able to do etc etc,What involved modifying the ecu to enable it to be remappable?
I would like updates on your progress but I know your extremely busy

Baz

Fusion

Official MSC Trader
Basically fuel and ignition maps are already mappable, as is the closed and open loop operation. Other factors can be changes too but its not clear yet what effect these will have. The sticking point right now is the injector limitations. Once these are cleared then the issue of running large injectors will be solved and then it will be ready. Although it is available as it stands now its just not really practical for above 180bhp and the supercharger controls are not yet fully functional.

It however is still better than using the e-manage.

Snikty

Site Supporter
Hey Ed,

Can I ask what changes you are looking at with s/c controls?

Also you once mentioned about being able to do a mapping service for us overseas people once you have it all developed etc. I just wanted to get an idea of how this would work once its up and running and also you mentioned about upgraded roms. Since I should have a second ecu here soon I just wanted to get an idea of what would be involved...like if I sent you my spare ecu could you sort out roms etc and then I could just plug it in once you did your bit? Sorry I'm a bit ignorant with most of this stuff but I just wanted to get an idea of what you could do and what it would entail.

Cheers, Steve

Fusion

Official MSC Trader
For SC controls in the case of Fusions ST project there is a need to increase the cut off point to 5000rpm. This is hoped be done in the ECU. However cut in and cut out load points and RPM should be changeable. They are in fact alterable already but its not completely clear how yet as I don't have a running car to test on.

But RPM limits etc and load limits should all be possible to alter too.

I wouldnt need your ecu rather I could send you a rom that would need to be soldered into your ECU.

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
For SC controls in the case of Fusions ST project there is a need to increase the cut off point to 5000rpm. This is hoped be done in the ECU. However cut in and cut out load points and RPM should be changeable. They are in fact alterable already but its not completely clear how yet as I don't have a running car to test on.

But RPM limits etc and load limits should all be possible to alter too.

I wouldnt need your ecu rather I could send you a rom that would need to be soldered into your ECU.
All sounds fairly cool but may I ask why your increasing the cut off point Ed?Turbo's so large? Also would be interested in a rom to!

Barry

Snikty

Site Supporter
Ok cool, cheers.

I'll get in touch with you about the rom in the near future. Could you PM me a rough idea of cost of the rom. Cheers.

Fusion

Official MSC Trader
Simply put yes my turbo is a very large one for the size of the engine.

An off the shelf rom would be around £100.