ST Aquisition

How much choice and discretion would a person have if they desired to buy/import a super turbo......

ie for import....would you 'get what your given' or would you have access to the details/pics communications with the seller(s) of potential exporters ST's for sale

sorry for the thick-head question (embarrassed)

I'm sure Ed will offer you much better advice than me, but if you speak with some importers and ask them to keep an eye out and let you know of any they find and tell em you want thorough details before committing to any purchase you should be ok. But I don't think they would necessarily just buy the first one they found if you were specific with them in the first place...my experiences with importers has always been pretty good but I believe they will often buy at auction which means it would have to be a speedy process of them getting you the info and then you deciding yes/no pretty quickly...but with my St the importer bought it in the first place and I bought it off their lot so I was able to get it mechanically checked out and inspect it myself...which was great. Good luck with the acquisition tho, would love to see some more STs being done up to give me ideas :)

I'm sure Ed will offer you much better advice than me, but if you speak with some importers and ask them to keep an eye out and let you know of any they find and tell em you want thorough details before committing to any purchase you should be ok. But I don't think they would necessarily just buy the first one they found if you were specific with them in the first place...my experiences with importers has always been pretty good but I believe they will often buy at auction which means it would have to be a speedy process of them getting you the info and then you deciding yes/no pretty quickly...but with my St the importer bought it in the first place and I bought it off their lot so I was able to get it mechanically checked out and inspect it myself...which was great. Good luck with the acquisition tho, would love to see some more STs being done up to give me ideas :)

How long do you have that st mate?I live in Ireland but I have a cousin that was working in aus up to a few months ago,I think it was last year he said he seen a white st for sale in a garage for like 9000 dollars??

I got the ST in at the beginning of Aug. I think it was at the importer for about 5 or 6 months before they sold it and I picked it up for $7000 (had 8k on it originally). So it may be the same one. A friend told me recently that he found another one for sale over here but it's in Adelaide and I think it may be trashed as they only wanted about $4500 for it, i think it was navy blue. But I have heard there is one or two other white ones over here that seem to get sold on a yearly basis...but mine came from jap land.

Back