• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Sr20det Micra

Will be doing a picture for you seen Mailys, Slammed with all 4 ultralights on.

took sound deadening out passenger side floor, got lots of cleaning up to do. won't be doing drivers side, as its alot of hard work getting that stuff off...and alot of fire when doing it with a blow torch lol

Welly, to sit the car that low did you cut the springs? or is it actualy sitting on the coilovers?

If it was on the coilovers what ones are you useing and how much had you wound them down?

Cheers, martin

This looks like a Kick Ass Project, subscribing to this puppy.

What colour are you going for or are you keeping it blue? I think there is still a set of Nismo Arches for sale if those alloys are going to stick out.

Anyway Good Like Welly.

if i have to widen arches ill be making a set of wings for the front

Colour i dont know, i need some help on that!

im sitting it on full spax coilovers with 80mm springs in rear

Wheels im going for hopefully are either primer GT alloys or! Rota grids in bronze.

want it to sit at around 700KG all built.

C'mon guys, what colours we thinking...

Ooooh, something different that you don't see everyday, nothing fluorescent though saw a nasty saxo with fluorescent pink & yellow colouring, looked like sick.

my favorite colour choices are:

Pastle Green and Light Purple
White and Blue (which my Micra colours are going to be)
Black and Green (If I owned Kennys old Micra)

welly, you could always go into some dealers and ask to see there colour charts? audi do some nice ones, thats where i got mine from.

going to paint it the standard colour, hit it inside and outside.

i don't go for in your face styles, unless its needed..

Micra is being built for a sleeper

i wasnt implying that you go for a trick-in your face paint job welly, i ment they do some nice cool mellow colors. there worth a look

to be honest micra, its alot easyer to do the original colour again plus the colour is growing on me quiet alot.

just picked my back box up, friend gave it to me...need black painting removing and end of pipe straightening abit...but its around 2" 1/2, 3" all way threw to a 4" pipe.

02012006789.jpg

02012006788.jpg

Next on this list is panels, and get on body work. while i wait for a friend to sort me a primera gt out.

abit more progress

pics of exhaust cleaned up

04012006792.jpg

04012006793.jpg

boot clean up screws were plate was paint bubbled, ground it back, and rust treated it and threw some paint on to protect it ( getting ready for import reg lights) still need to do abit more on boot, need to get a flap disc sorted out

04012006791.jpg

04012006790.jpg

are you gonna leave the spoiler in pink? what you gonna do with the body filler use it on the spoiler?

no the spoiler will be same colour as the car, and the body filler is for body repairs..small dents etc after knocked them out as much as possible.

more bits brought

Primer
120 Sandpaper
Rubber sanding block

Started on bodywork tonight all is going well will get some pics up tomorrow night

get a pic up of grill if i start doing it

taking safety off the grinder to cut grill out, screw fell into grinder, and wouldnt come back out, resulting in stripping the grinder and 2 wires coming off and falling out. so going to buy another grinder.

pics of bodywork currently

01012006796.jpg

01012006797.jpg

01012006799.jpg

01012006800.jpg

01012006798.jpg

thanks with the primer on u can see the little imperfections, and there being sorted next time im in the garage.

talking about grill mine broke a little piece broke off it. :doh: make sure when you do yours that its gonna be quite tough and strong. some progress on your grill.

got 3 layers of fibre glass on it. not to mention the fibre glass filler ill be using to get it all up to same heigh etc should be strong enough, and finish it with filler.

if you want it reparing manny you know were i am mate.

i couldnt help my self

4sjvyv.jpg

Height 315mm (12.4"), width 790mm (31.1") at longest (625mm cooler (24.6") ), depth 90mm ( 3.5"), pipes size 60mm (2.3")

will get a better pic when i receive it

i couldnt help my self

4sjvyv.jpg

Height 315mm (12.4"), width 790mm (31.1") at longest (625mm cooler (24.6") ), depth 90mm ( 3.5"), pipes size 60mm (2.3")

will get a better pic when i receive it

very nice welly is that a intercooler?

not 100% pure, but the size of the intercooler is huge and fills the front panel gap. might not be able to have a bonnet catch

right update.

im looking for another cheap micra shell, clean shelll...no dents...

doing bodywork earlier, dent on rear arch lines up with light and bumper is bad, knocked it out much as possible....and nothing was going right.

so... i put a chisel threw rear quater

finding out tomorrow about a face lift k11 thats got a dent on rear 1/4

ideally i want a mint k11 shell, seen a few go for 300 recently...

any updates on this, it was looking promising??

It went for scrap mart, after i took abit of anger out on every panel on the car :laugh:

Should be buying a new one in january.

only thing im going to say is.

440cc injectors

No, its not a sr20 project, but that will be coming after this one

Back